Kakamega County is one of the 47 counties in the Republic of Kenya. It borders Vihiga County to the south, Siaya County to the West, Bungoma County to the North and Nandi County to the East. The county covers an area of 3050.3 Km2 (Kakamega CDP, 2013). The altitude of the county is between 1,240 metres and 2,000 metres above sea level.
JOB GROUP CPSB 10 (‘J’)
No of Positions: 3
Duties and Responsibilities:
Specific duties will entail:-
- Gathering information on programmes and significant events for production of county weekly newsletter;
- Social media Management and media monitoring;
- Liaising with media practitioners on issues of mutual concern;
- Writing and Editing content for a variety of internal communications channels;
- Developing content on topical issues for uploading onto county’s website and social media platforms;
- Support on protocol organization during government functions;
- Assisting in the preparation of media reviews, briefs, press releases/statements and supplements;
- Video and Still Camera operations; shooting, production and publicity;
- Maintaining public relations records and documents;
- Participating in event organization
- Writing news stories and features in internal and external publications including, fliers and newspaper supplements; and
- Performing any other lawful duties that may be assigned.
Requirements for Appointment
For appointment to this grade, a candidate must:
- Be a Kenyan citizen;
- Have a Bachelor’s degree in any of the following: Journalism, Mass Communication or Media Studies from a recognized university; and
- Have a certificate in computer applications.
Submit your CV and Application on Company Website : Click Here
Closing Date : 28th May, 2021