A company located in Machakos County dealing with the processing and packaging of fruits and vegetables is recruiting a Quality Assurance Manager.
Roles and Responsibility: –
The Quality Assurance Manager will be responsible for supporting Company Operations by ensuring adherence to established quality parameters by every department and enforcing world class quality standards across the company.
The incumbent shall be accountable for customer satisfaction and management of customer complaints with a view to;
- Set systems and controls to eliminate any quality related complaints.
- Soliciting customer feedback
- Regularly review quality parameters and standards and ensure continuous improvement.
HE/She shall be responsible for quality of the raw materials inputs and appraisal of all products suppliers.
He/She shall be In-charge of the Company’s Health & Safety programs and create a culture of continuous improvement and discipline, waste elimination, a lean resource structure while ensuring adherence to safety standards at all times.
Note: This Job Description is just a guideline, however any candidate applying for this post must be flexible and ready to go the extra mile.
The individual, as a member of the senior management team, is expected to perform any task across any department/function when the need arises or when asked by the company directors, for the ultimate aim which is the development of the company, not one specific department.
- Ensuring zero major customer complaints & putting controls in place to reduce existing minor complaints.
- Responsible for making sure that there is a safe working environment across all departments. Goal is zero work related accidents & injuries
- Management of all staff in the Quality Assurance team. Including, but not limited to supervision, evaluations, trainings, Job descriptions review, appraisals, performance management.
- Ensuring that the legal and government regulations on Occupational Health and Safety, Environmental issues, KEBS, NEMA, US FDA, KEPHIS are met.
- Waste management and control / NEMA / Energy Audits management.
- Customer complaints: Leading communication across all relevant departments to ensure that all the customer complaints regarding quality of products are attended to and resolved satisfactorily and on time.
- Understanding customer expectations of needs from a product.
- External audit of both new and existing suppliers.
- Use of ERP efficiently and effectively for smooth flows in communication and report generation. Implementation of improvements and simplifications on the Information Management system
- Recording and reporting quality control evaluation results to the top management.
- Identification and correction of gaps in the processes including data accuracy.
- Formulate and review existing Standard Operating Procedures (SOP’s) and quality control processes for production and hygiene requirements in consultation with the relevant departments, and ensuring that the developed operating procedures are adhered to at all times to consistently achieve the set quality standards.
- Responsible for implementation and execution of BRCG standards and certifications and the Food Safety Systems Certifications (FSSC) 22000. And also ensuring certifications and standards are to the newest versions.
- Training in Food safety, and conducting internal as well as external audits.
- Help in performance improvement and efficiencies, energy management implementation and other change programs.
- Review and improve critical control points, including allergen management.
- Evaluating product recalls and conducting mock recalls.
- Ensuring factory cleanliness at all times and managing the cleaning & sanitisation departments, including the Effluent Treatment Plant (ETP).
- Managing hygiene standards including Covid-19 Awareness and Control within the company
- Be key player in new product developments and product trials along with all relevant departments.
- Supervision of on-line quality tests and advising the relevant personnel on corrections or corrective actions where the products or processes are found to be non-conforming. Rejection of products that fail quality standards.
- Designing product specifications for all new products and reviewing existing specifications with the relevant departments.
- Conduct intra & inter departmental trainings.
- Approval of chemical and microbiological tests on all the raw materials and finished products to ensure that they meet the company and other relevant statutory standards.
- Inspecting and approving all the incoming materials, materials that are work in progress & finished goods according to company specifications.
- Developing company standards on the raw materials and end products in consultation with the Research and Development Manager.
- Evaluating warehousing, Shipping and distribution conditions on shelf life of the company products.
- Development of SOP for QA and external contractors, Security issues.
- Ensure that all machines comply with all statutory issues/calibration.
- Knowledge, Experience, and Skills Required:
- Bachelor’s degree in Food Science
- Master’s Degree an added Advantage
- In depth knowledge of modern Quality Management Systems and Processes.
- Working Knowledge of regulatory legislations on Safety, Health and Environment management
- 8 years’ experience 4 of which should have been spent in a similar position
Competencies and Character traits:
- Hard work and honesty.
- Energy and Passion.
- Attention to detail.
- Team player.
- Positive attitude.
- Excellent interpersonal and communications skills.
- Solve problems creatively and demonstrate high integrity.
- Demonstrable ability to interact and cooperate with all company employees, Build trust, communicate effectively, drive execution, foster innovation, collaborate with others,
- Maintain professional internal and external relationships that meet company core values. Proactively establish and maintain effective working team relationships with all support departments.
- Should be presentable & well kept at all times.
How to Apply
Interested candidates who meet the above qualifications should forward their application letters indicating their expected salaries and their updated CVs to firstname.lastname@example.org not late than 25th October 2021