Vacancy Announcement: Quantitative Field Interviewers – GrOW II Project
The African Population and Health Research Center (APHRC) is an African-led and Africa based international research institute committed to conducting high quality and policy relevant multidisciplinary research.
Our research addresses important development issues and challenges facing sub-Saharan Africa in areas such as education, population, health, aging, urbanization and wellbeing.
Our goal is to generate evidence for meaningful action, engage with policy makers in the region to disseminate our research findings, influence policy decisions, and improve the quality of life in Africa.
The APHRC invites applications for Quantitative Field Interviewers in it’s GrOW II Project.
The aim of the project is to evaluate the effectiveness of a childcare model for enhancing the economic outcomes of women living in low-income communities in Nakuru, Kenya.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Conduct interviews on all recruited study participants
- Complete, edit and submit all assigned interviews for cross-checking and verification by the supervisor on a daily basis
- Keep updated records and databases of assigned work
- Regularly file reports on project activities
- Review the collected data to ensure all questions are completed prior to online submission
- Data collection progress report writing
- Meet the team leader on a regular basis to submit progress updates
- Follow-up with participants for missing responses or correct any inaccurate responses
- Other tasks assigned by the supervisor, project manager and principal investigator.
1. Have a Kenya Certificate of Secondary Education (KCSE) certificate, with a minimum grade of C Plain
2. Must be a resident of Nakuru County preferably from Nakuru Town West sub-County
3. Fluent in English and Swahili, both oral and written
4. Excellent interpersonal and report writing skills
5. Be prepared to work full time on the project for the duration of the study
6. Experience in using electronic data collection devices like electronic digital recorders and survey CTO or Open Data Kit (ODK).
How to Apply
Interested candidates are invited to submit their applications including a Cover letter and CV with contacts of three referees by May 21, 2021 to email@example.com.
Please indicate on the subject line of the email “Quantitative Field Interviewer – GrOW II Project.”
We regret that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
PLEASE NOTE: APPLICANTS ARE NOT REQUIRED TO MAKE ANY PAYMENTS TO ANYONE DURING ANY STAGE OF THE RECRUITMENT PROCESS.
APHRC and Flexi Personnel are equal opportunity employers and are committed to the protection of vulnerable persons.