Job Title: Operations & Business Development Manager
Industry: Real Estate
Gross Salary: 70-100k plus commission
Position reports to: Head of Agency and Operations
Our client is a real estate company based in Nairobi.
They seek to hire a highly competent Operations and Business Development Manager who will be tasked with prospecting for new clients by networking, cold calling, advertising or other means of generating interest from potential clients.
The person must plan persuasive approaches and pitches that will convince potential clients to do business with the company.
He/She must develop a rapport with new clients and set targets for sales and provide support that will continually improve the relationship.
He/she will be required to grow and retain existing accounts by presenting new solutions and services to clients.
The person will work with mid and senior level management, marketing and technical staff.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Prospect for potential new clients and turn this into increased business.
- Cold call as appropriate within your market or geographic area to ensure a robust pipeline of opportunities.
- Meet potential clients by growing, maintaining and leveraging your network.
- Identify potential clients and the decision makers within the client organization.
- Research and build relationships with new clients.
- Set up meetings between client decision makers and company’s practice leaders/Principals.
- Plan approaches and pitches.
- Work with team to develop proposals that speaks to the client’s needs, concerns and objectives.
- Participate in pricing the solution/service.
- Handle objections by clarifying, emphasizing agreements and working through differences to a positive conclusion.
- Use a variety of styles to persuade or negotiate appropriately.
- Work with technical staff and other internal colleagues to meet customer needs.
- Attend industry functions, such as association events and conferences and provide feedback and information on market and creative trends.
- Present to and consult with mid and senior level management on business trends with a view to developing new services, products and distribution channels.
- Identify opportunities for campaigns, services and distribution channels that will lead to an increase in sales.
- Submit weekly progress reports and ensure data is accurately entered and managed within the company’s customer relationship management or other sales management system.
- Work with marketing staff to ensure that prerequisites (like prequalification or getting on a vendor list) are fulfilled within a timely manner.
- Present business development training and mentoring to business developers and other internal staff.
Skills and Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree
- 3-5 years of sales or marketing experience.
- Networking, Persuasion, Prospecting and Public Speaking skills,
- Research, writing and Closing Skills,
- Territory and Customer Relation Management,
- Microsoft Office skills
How to Apply
If you are up to the challenge, possess the necessary qualifications and experience; please send your CV only quoting the job title on the email subject Operations and Business Development Manager to email@example.com before Wednesday 8th September 2021.