Job Vacancy: Regional / Sales Representative
Job Location: Kisii and Nakuru (Kshs. 50,000 plus commission)
Job Summary: Our client is seeking to recruit Regional / Sales manager who will drive sales and meet target sales in assigned sales regions by adhering to the company’s trade strategy and leading a motivated sales team to sell quality products that meet customers’ demands and expectations while ensuring great staff & customer satisfaction in order to achieve the company’s set growth targets.
Responsibilities and accountabilities
- Allocate and monitor agent’s sales targets monthly in order to achieve set growth targets.
- Signing of joint business plans with assigned agents in order to achieve set sales targets.
- Listing of new products in all allocated agents in order to achieve the set availability standards.
- Payment collections from the assigned agents in order to ensure a smooth order fulfilment process.
- Enhance visibility of company products in all assigned minimarts, supermarkets and shops through the implementation of the set visibility standards in order to drive sales.
- Ensure bike reps and trade development reps adhere to the assigned route plans in order to achieve the defined market coverage.
- Manage the performance of the bike reps and ensure their set sales targets per day are achieved as allocated.
- Ensure the allocated agents hit their monthly sales set targets by route riding with their sales reps and helping them push for more sales.
- Train, coach and mentor the allocated Motorbike Reps, Trade Development Representative and Direct Sales Representative on product knowledge while guaranteeing great customer and staff experience.
- Prepare and submit weekly and monthly reports on time for effective and informed decision.
- Access information from their dashboards and use the insights to drive delivery of the sales targets in their assigned regions
- Ensure all the assigned Motorbike Reps and Trade Development Reps submit their daily and weekly sales reports on time for the management to make informed sales decisions.
- Create business relationship within the assigned region, open and maintain customer and always defend the company image in the region in order to maintain good brand recognition and acceptance.
Key performance indicators
- Staff retention.
- Sales values per assigned channels in the region
- Listing of new products.
- Adherence to standards in the company’s trade strategy:
- Route Planning
- Smart Objectives setting
- Adherence to planned routes
- Adherence to availability, visibility, quality, promotion, persuasion, price standards in the assigned sales region
- Rates of collage, coverage and strike rates in the assigned sales region
- Evidence of coaching of line staff, and
- Evidence of positive change in the performance of line staff
- Customer management- collections vs Debtor days in the assigned region
- Market intelligence- competitor activities
- Customer satisfaction.
- Customer interactions.
- Diploma in Sales and Marketing or Business Studies or relevant academic qualifications
- Four (4) years relevant sales experience in an FMCG environment
- Experience working with distributors
- Experience working with retail channels eg supermarkets and all kinds of retail outlets
- Proven ability to plan and manage sales plans
- FMCG experience is a must.
Competencies and attributes
- Communication: Able to express themselves well and clear when relaying information.
- Leadership: Able to lead a team and guide them accordingly.
- Adaptability: Able to fit in the MMI working environment well and smoothly.
- Persuasion: Able to achieve signoff for business contracts in any joint business meeting.
- Persistence: Demonstrate that any task they undertake is completed or achieved on time.
- Flexibility: Ability to take feedback on their performance and adjust accordingly.
- Punctuality: Timely submission of weekly and monthly reports for timely decision making.
- Negotiation: Bargain for better shelf space/displays in all modern trade/supermarkets.
- Strategic thinker: able to have a long-term thinking and have the big picture in mind
- Stakeholder management: able to effectively engage internal and external stakeholders to achieve sales objectives in the assigned region
- Team management- able to communicate clearly and effectively, delegate, solve problems and make decisions around the team
Relationships and working contacts
- Internal Stakeholders: Commercial Dept. DLO Dept. Finance Dept.
- External Stakeholders: Agents and agents’ staff, outsourced service providers and their relevant staff
- Field based with occasional visit to the office
How to Apply
To apply send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org by 21st July 2021.
Indicating Regional / Sales Representative on the Mail subject.
NB: Flexi Personnel does not charge candidates for job placement.