Opportunity at SMEC: Regional Tax Manager
About SMEC: SMEC is a professional services firm with Australian origins and a global footprint that provides high quality consultancy services for major infrastructure projects.
SMEC is ranked among the world’s top infrastructure design firms and continues to win industry awards for technical excellence, design innovation and the management of environmental and social risks.
SMEC is a member of the Surbana Jurong Group of Companies.
The SMEC Profile:
It is our culture to celebrate diversity, employ great people and work on interesting projects
We are a private company registered in Australia
We have an established network of over 75 permanent offices around the world and over 6,000 employees.
We offer our people opportunities to work, both in Australia and internationally, in the areas of: Water; Hydropower and Energy; Transport; Geotechnics and Tunnels; Environment; Urban Development; Social Development; Government and Advisory Services and Mining, Oil and Gas.
Regional Tax Manager
- Ensuring timely submission of tax returns in all the countries of operation.
- Implementation of all tax related matters, such as Personal Income Tax, PAYE, VAT and WHT are understood and implemented effectively.
- In consultation with the Regional Managers, appointing and monitoring local tax advisors in all the countries of operation in the Africa region.
- Ensuring timely completion of VAT and WHT Reconciliations in all countries of operation.
- Ensuring timely resolution of all company tax issues in the Africa region.
- Tax compliance and advisory on all markets in Africa, including areas where the company is looking to carry out work.
- Conducting project tax reviews.
- Providing Tax training.
Key Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelors of Commerce Finance option and/or Masters degree in relevant discipline will be an added advantage
- Preferably a CPA-K with 5-10 years tax corporate experience.
- Experience working with complex corporate/international tax issues at a medium to large company or ‘Big 4’/mid-tier professional services firm.
- Very strong direct and indirect tax skills.
- MUST have good communication skills.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their updated CVs quoting the job title on the email subject to, email@example.com on or before 24 September 2021.
All CVs MUST have at least 3 referees.