Our client is a private hospital based in Nairobi and categorized as Level 4 by Kenya Medical Practitioners and dentist board.
They seek to hire a Resident Physician.
Salary: KES 421,000
This role reports to Chief Executive Officer
Job Summary: Responsible for the management of Internal Medicine services in the Hospital that promotes patient safety, clinical quality, and contribute to the continuing professional development programs of the hospital.
- Provide specialized medical services and service delivery in the internal medicine unit of the hospital, ensuring that they meet the expected standards of quality, quantity, and compliance.
- Work with other medical specialists to solve single or multiple medical issue (s) or support the performance of extensive surgery, when required in the hospital.
- Conduct specialized Outpatient clinics.
- Collect, record and maintain updated records of patients’ medical history, reports, and examination results.
- Plan for general medical services and resources in the internal medicine unit of the
- Provide specialized medical services and service delivery in the internal medicine unit of the hospital, ensuring that they meet the expected standards of quality, quantity and
- Coordinate internal medicine referral services within and without the hospital according to the specialized medical services needs in collaboration with other hospital sections and units and within the framework of the hospital and national referral policies.
- Provide medical research and training within the internal medicine unit of the hospital as well as ensure collaboration and cooperation with Internal Medicine unit of the
- Offer specialized internal medical services’ advice to the hospital executive and other sections/units and the general
- Prepare and disseminate periodic reports
- Keep abreast of advancements and best practices by attending seminars and conferences and participation in continuous medical education.
- Any other duties that may be assigned by the line manager
- Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery (MBChB).
- Masters of Medicine in Internal Medicine, Family Medicine, Tropical Medicine or equivalent.
- Specialist Recognition by the Kenya Medical Practitioners and Dentists Board
- Experience in an In-patient hospital setting.
- Must be Registered/Licensed by the Kenya Medical Practitioners and Dentists Board.
- At least two years post graduate working experience.
- Excellent PR and communication skills
- A valid medical practicing license.
- Professional insurance indemnity cover.
- At least two (2) years of working experience as a General Physician in a reputed Hospital setting
- Proficiency in computer
- At least three years of working experience
- Communication skills
- Organizational skills
- Analytical skills
- Compassionate skills
How to Apply
Interested candidates are requested to email their application letter and detailed CV with current and expected remuneration to firstname.lastname@example.org (note it’s .co and not .com) on or 20th October 2021.
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis.
Initial interview sessions will be done through Google Meet.