Restaurant Supervisor (Bistro)
Location: Lavington, Nairobi
A fusion of classical French and bistro-style food restaurant, is recruiting for a Restaurant Supervisor to join their team.
Job Summary: Responsible for coordinating daily restaurant management operations, delivering superior food and beverage service and maximizing customer satisfaction and responding efficiently and accurately to restaurant customer complaints.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Coordinate daily Front of the House and Back of the House restaurant operations
- Deliver superior service and maximize customer satisfaction
- Respond efficiently and accurately to customer complaints
- Participate in development of the restaurant’s budget
- Regularly review product quality and research new vendors
- Organize and supervise shifts
- Appraise staff performance and provide feedback to improve productivity
- Estimate future needs for goods, kitchen utensils and cleaning products
- Ensure compliance with sanitation and safety regulations
- Manage restaurant’s good image and suggest ways to improve it
- Control operational costs and identify measures to cut waste
- Create detailed reports on weekly, monthly and annual revenues and expenses
- Promote the brand in the local community through word-of-mouth and restaurant events
- Recommend ways to reach a broader audience (e.g. discounts and social media ads)
- Train new and current employees on proper customer service practices
- Implement policies and protocols that will maintain future restaurant operations
- Degree/Diploma in Business Administration, Hospitality Management or culinary schooling is a plus
- Proven work experience as a Restaurant Supervisor, Restaurant Team Leader or similar role
- Hands-on experience in customer service
- Acute financial management skills
- Extensive food and beverage (F&B) knowledge, with ability to remember and recall ingredients and dishes to inform customers and wait staff
- Problem-solving aptitude
- Proficient in MS Office and familiarity with restaurant management software
- Excellent organizational and leadership skills
- Strong people and motivational skills
- Outstanding communication (verbal and written) and interpersonal skills
Deadline: Interested parties should send their online applications on or before 17th May 2021.
Correspondence: Applications and detailed CV to be submitted online at http://goo.gl/T8sryH.
We thank all applicants for their interest in this position; however, only suitable candidates will be contacted to continue the application process.