Job Vacancy: Retail Regional Manager
Our client is a leading oil and gas company in the African region, they are seeking to on board a competent Retail Regional Manager to support their expansion strategy and maintain efficient and effective services for their clients.
The job holder will be responsible for the supervision, coaching, guiding and mentoring of the Retail Territory Manager(s).
The Regional Manager is accountable for the achievement of set volume objectives in all areas of station operations (Sales, prospection & development of new sites-Both COCOs & DODO’s).
Reports To: Retail Manager
Direct Reportees: Territory Manager
Key Result Areas
- To maintain and develop profitable sales within the allotted territories in accordance with pre-determined marketing policies.
- Enforces & coordinates implementation of network policies in regards to QEHS, Customer service, Housekeeping, Fuel CARD and CR.
- Guides, sets objectives, reviews and supervises Territory Managers.
- Prepares & coordinates training of new TMs and dealers in the assigned territories.
- Coordinates the business surveys in the assigned regions including prospection for new sites.
- Random cross checking of white oil products stock movements in stations
- Check TMs monthly activity sales reports and follow up on implementation of agreed action plans.
- In liaison with the TM’s, makes a monthly check on the financial situation of each station and analyses P&L.
- Proposes & checks on implementation of the action plans needed to optimize results at each station.
- Ensures continuing training plan for all station staff and coordinates the policy regarding promotion of Young dealers in the assigned region.
- Checking & verifying the monthly management controls for Young Dealer & carrying out random audits of Young Dealer stations.
- Coordinate and ensure brand image achievement and adherence to ISO certification procedures & QEHS policies by all dealers.
- Ensure full compliance to the credit policy and effectively deal with all issues that arise (Dealers have no overdues, accounts closed promptly and NO exposure to the company arising from business dealings with partners)
- Play a major role in prospecting for New Stations in line with country and network expansion aspirations and within set policies and procedures.
- Ensures that the regions under their supervision have meet the: Set volume and profitability targets in all areas of operations; compliance to all statutory and regulatory requirements for station operations; availability of signed DLAs for all station under their regions; excellent housekeeping standards as measured by Mystery shopper score and regular site reviews; follows up and closes all product variance issues at sites; monitors and confirms that all checks related to meter recons are completed by the TMs, and appropriately reviewed to ensure no dumping; all outstanding debts duly collected before they fall overdue.
- Bachelor’s degree in any field
- 5 years as a Retail Territory Manager
- Specialized knowledge ie experience in Retail functions and operations
- Skills Knowledge in Retail business in an Oil industry
- Good understanding of functions in Retail business
How to Apply
Qualified and interested applicants should send their detailed CV, indicating their current and expected salaries to email@example.com not later than 5pm on 3rd November 2021.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
“Our client embraces equal opportunity for all”