TERMS OF REFERENCE: COMPANY SECRETARY
BACKGROUND: The Riara Group of Schools is a brand that has been in existence for over four decades and is a dynamic and leading institution in the education industry.
The institution was an owner managed company until 2018 when it came into partnership with Actus Education Holdings.
There is need to engage the services of a Company Secretary who will provide legal and administrative support, and guidance to the Company Board.
OBJECTIVES: The Company Secretary will ensure that the company complies with legal and regulatory requirements while enhancing corporate governance. It is also to ascertain that the Board of Directors steer the organization towards achieving its vision, mission and core values.
SCOPE OF SERVICES
- Compliance Services – Custodian of all statutory records required under the Kenyan Companies Act including the Minute Books, the Seal Register, Register of Charges, Debentures and Directors, and other compliance services including filing of annual returns.
- Meetings – convene Board meetings, prepare the agenda, attend Board meetings and take minutes of the deliberations, prepare reports, distribute Board papers and generally provide administrative support.
- Non-Routine Secretarial and Consultancy Services – these will include signing of annual financial statements, counter signing of bonds, leases, agreements and controls when required, advise the Board of changes to laws and regulations affecting the Company as and when they occur, advise the Board and the Company about good governance practices and compliance of corporate governance norms within the Company.
- Other Secretarial Services – these will include but are not limited to preparing Board Resolutions as required from time to time, providing advice on procedures with respect to the appointment/removal of directors, and advising the Board with regard to their fiduciary duties relating to changes to laws and regulations affecting the company which are relevant to our service offering.
Please provide us with a proposal outlining:
- Background: Information about your company and Company Secretary services you have provided clients in the past.
- Terms and policies: Terms and conditions of service, and how your company will meet our needs.
- Related costs: All associated costs and terms of payments
Your proposal should reach us by close of business 21st May 2021.
It should be submitted to email@example.com.