RTI (www.rti.org) is an independent, non-profit organization dedicated to conducting innovative, multidisciplinary research that improves the human condition.
With a worldwide staff of more than 4,000 people, RTI offers innovative research and development and multidisciplinary services.
Regional Finance Specialist
RTI is an independent organization dedicated to conducting innovative, multidisciplinary research that improves the human condition.
With a worldwide staff of more than 4,000 people, RTI offers innovative research, development, and a full spectrum of multidisciplinary services.
Universities in North Carolina founded RTI in 1958 as a centerpiece of the Research Triangle Park.
Position Summary: The Regional Finance Specialist will be responsible for day-to-day book-keeping, payment processing and filing of financial records.
This position reports to the Africa Regional Office Finance Manager based in Nairobi, Kenya.
Specific Duties and responsibilities:
- Enter financial data into the financial system daily.
- Process payments to vendors, consultants, subcontractors, and staff, and reconcile staff and third-party accounts monthly.
- Support employees travel advances and expense reports settlements, follow up with respective staff to verify the accuracy and completeness. Track and monitor aging advances.
- Monitor prepaid card balances and reconcile to bank balances.
- Prepare journal vouchers or adjusting entries and ensure necessary reviews and approvals.
- Provide support in compiling and submission of the monthly financial reports package.
- Prepare relevant journal vouchers in timely manner to address monthly financial reporting compliance issues raised by the Regional Office/Compliance team.
- Maintain the filing system for financial records.
- Conducts other general accounting duties as assigned.
Minimum Required Education & Experience: Applicants will possess a minimum of a master’s degree or bachelor’s degree and 1 year of experience or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Minimum Required Education & Experience: Master’s degree or bachelor’s degree and 1 year of experience or equivalent combination of education and experience
Additional desired qualifications: Professional Accounting Designation (CPA) or significant progress toward obtainment of designation preferred. experience in computerized accounting systems, working knowledge of Excel.
To access more information about the job, please follow the link provided below or visit RTI International Careers page. http://m.rfer.us/RTI-saB3l.
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis, and we regret that only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
*No applicant will ever be asked for any payment either to secure a role with RTI International or as a follow-up to having been awarded a position with RTI International. If anyone ever approaches you asking for any such payment, please immediately email firstname.lastname@example.org
We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/D/V