Senior Manager-Service Operations Job, IT Jobs Kenya 2021,
M-Pesa Africa: Senior Manager-Service Operations – (21000509)
We are pleased to announce the subject career opportunity within Technology (M-Pesa Africa) reporting to the Director – Technology.
The head of Service Operations is accountable for ensuring delivery of value to customers across M-Pesa Africa markets (end to end operational service), ensure service failover mechanisms, achievement of the service levels captured in SLAs/OLAs with suppliers.
They provide: operational support, guidance, and oversight to M-Pesa deployed markets, accountability for continuous service improvements of all M-Pesa Africa Services operated by IT Services and external partners to deliver agreed service levels at the lowest possible costs, Budget Management reporting, and control.
Impact on the business
- Provide a stable and reliable Mobile Payment service according to agreed service levels to the business and customers, through a transparent and simple Operating Model.
- Define and manage the working relationships with all support partners including Group Technology Operations, Software Suppliers, System Integrators, Support & Operations Service providers, Local Markets, Partner Markets, and other 3rd party suppliers with a goal of delivering a cost-effective and high-quality Mpesa Mobile Payment service proposition.
- Participate in the decision-making process and prioritization of deployments across the Mpesa Africa Payment Services landscape.
- Drive operational excellence by efficient support and operations processes, methodologies, and best practices in an efficient setup across all organisations.
- While failure will undoubtedly occur, the role holder needs to deliver failover mechanisms that allow service to resume quickly or even avoid service interruption in order to deliver 99.99% service availability.
Customers, suppliers, and third parties
- Deliver value to customers across MPA markets, aligning with the needs of the customer.
- Manage and steer the performance of internal and external partners using benchmarking and KPIs.
- Build strong relationships with the chosen service providers and guide/coach service providers for problem resolution of complex cross-functional issues where identified.
- Design a robust support setup with software suppliers and system integrators.
- Drive the implementation and own the end to end SLA and OLAs through the whole support organization including Vodacom IT, other Vodafone, and Vodacom internal suppliers, local markets, and external service providers
Leadership and teamwork
- Implementation of Agile principles and methodologies into a team’s operational processes while working within Agile Release Trains.
- Build strong relationships with senior stakeholders within the Vodacom Group, Mpesa Africa Team, the local markets, and strategic suppliers
- Build an organizational setup based on speed, simplicity, trust, and clear accountabilities.
- Focus to maintain key strategic skills and transfer transactional/execution tasks to the appropriate support parties.
- Coaching the team towards organisation’s mission.
Innovation and change
- Create ways of working to maximize the use of the Mpesa Africa deployment & operations team by ensuring that the team does not compensate for supplier deficiencies.
- Identify and realize cost-saving potentials driven by a joint continuous improvement program with the Mpesa Africa team and the chosen service providers.
- Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics (STEM) degree.
- 15+ years of experience in the operations of large-scale, Online Transaction Processing and high-volume complex enterprise web and banking grade systems and services across multiple geographies.
- Agile certification is a must.
- Proven track record of implementing appropriate solutions for complex operational scenarios.
- ITIL Qualified ideally to Practitioner level.
- Proven ability to develop and deliver on IT strategies.
- Proven experience in customer/vendor relationship management.
- Proven Exco level engagement/influence and delivering compelling presentations.
- Budget and Cost Management experience is a must for this role.
- Experience of working within a multi-national team and serving customers from multiple countries would be of benefit.
- Experience of working in an agile environment will be beneficial
What you can expect from us:
- We believe in a fair and robust interview process
- We have a robust flexible total reward scheme
- Dedicated support and mentoring/coaching
- Opportunity to develop and progress – plus a solid dedication to work-life integration. It all means you’ll have everything you need to advance your career and achieve your full potential.
Note to Applicants
As part of our recruitment process, we will request the below documentation which will be required as soft copies at a later stage of the process.
- An updated CV with a confirmation of three referees- 2 must be professional and must have supervised you at some point, the other referee can be a colleague in the same professional field. If the referees are within the same organization that you are working with, you will need to confirm to us that it’s okay to contact them in writing (via email). This also includes all references within the Human Resources department.
- Scanned copy of certificate of good conduct from the CID (Less than 1 year old) – Applicable to Kenyans Only
- Scanned copy of certificate from Credit Reference Bureau (CRB) – Applicable to Kenyans Only
- Scanned copy of University Certificate
- Scanned copy of your National ID / Passport-Legal Form of Identification
How to Apply