In the 21st Century, automation of business processes is key if any business intends to achieve its core objectives and sky – rocket productivity. Attain Enterprise Solutions Ltd. is a leading technology and solutions provider specializing in software development and implementation, systems support and I.T. consultancy. Having been in operation since 2003, we have gained vast experience in implementing IT solutions that will help streamline your business operations and transform your organization. We employ proven best practices and processes to improve efficiency throughout your enterprise through improved service levels, and cutting down on operating costs thereby generating revenue growth.
AESL is implementing a focused revival growth strategy to steer the company on the path of success. The Company requires a highly experienced, dynamic and passionate professional with strong Marketing and Business Development skills to be hired as a full time Head of Marketing and Business Development.
The ideal candidate shall be required to lead and management all the Sales, Marketing and Business Development initiatives including guiding and motivating the employees to deliver their best performance, as a team. The successful candidate will also be expected to have excellent people management and communication skills.
About the Role
This is a Senior Management Role with a leading software company. The position is based in Nairobi, Kenya, but the ideal candidate shall be managing Sales and Marketing initiatives in Kenya and beyond. You are responsible for the development and performance of all sales activities. You will direct the business development team and provides leadership towards the achievement of maximum profitability and growth in line with company vision and values. You will establish plans and strategies to expand the customer base in the marketing area and contributes to the development of training and educational programs for clients and your team.
- Develop a sales strategy for the market that ensures attainment of company sales goals and profitability.
- Prepare action plans by individuals as well as by team for effective search of sales leads and prospects.
- Initiate and coordinate development of action plans to penetrate new markets.
- Manage and coordinate all marketing, advertising and promotional staff and activities
- Consolidating and preparation of weekly and monthly sales reports and reporting to the Director
- Managing key accounts and acquisition of new business
- Facilitating product portfolio knowledge and training sessions to other staff
- Preparing the sales and marketing budget and ensuring maximum utilization
- Managing and monitoring the customer feedback systems and advising the Director on areas of improvement
- Preparation of sales promotional materials and ensuring effective communication of the new and existing products to the market
- Working with advertising agencies to develop effective advertising campaigns
- Execution of marketing programs for the products to ensure sustainable growth in revenues and market share.
- Brand-building and professional management of the product portfolio.
- Consolidate daily data for the product and that of key competitors to anticipate customer/competitive trends
- Carry out sales activity and revenue tracking
- Conduct market research to determine market requirements for existing and future products
- Analysis of customer research, current market conditions and competitor information
- Develop, implement and review marketing plans and projects for new and existing products
- Monitor, review and report on all marketing activity and results
- Develop pricing strategy; Provides timely, accurate, competitive pricing on all completed prospect applications submitted for pricing and approval, while striving to maintain maximum profit margin.
- Constantly motivates the working team
- Debt collection
- Responsible for the performance and development of the Sales and Marketing Team which comprises of Sales Executives, marketing Executives, bid executives and Account Managers.
- Conducts one-on-one review with all team members to build more effective communications, to understand training and development needs, and to provide insight for the improvement of members’ sales and activity performance.
- Adheres to all company policies, procedures and business ethics codes and ensures that they are communicated and implemented within the team
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, business, marketing or related field.
- 8 to 10 years’ experience in a similar role in an ICT ERP solutions provider environment
- Experience in sales, marketing or related field.
- Strong communication skills and IT fluency.
- Ability to manage complex projects and multi-task.
- Excellent leadership and organizational skills.
- Ability to flourish with minimal guidance, be proactive, and handle uncertainty.
- Proficient in Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint.
- Comfortable using a computer for various tasks.
The remuneration for this position will be on a retainer and Performance Delivery remuneration component.