Save the Children International Kenya Country office has an exciting opportunity for you to join our team as Awards and Partnership Manager. The role holder will be responsible for delivering an efficient and effective award management function. S/he will lead award management for all programmes, and develop best practice in award management processes across the Kenya Country Office
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- At least 5 year experience in portfolio management, preferably in finance.
- Bachelor degree in International Development, Business Administration or Finance.
- Experience of staff management, supervision and capacity building in Award Management.
- Experience of communicating with impact in a complex stakeholder environment.
- Proven track record of in-country award portfolio management and experience of grant/contract management & sub agreements with knowledge of major funders’ guidelines (e.g. USAID, ECHO, DFID, UNICEF, WFP etc.)
- Excellent interpersonal and English communication skills including influencing, negotiation and coaching, with experience in managing multicultural teams.
- Strong financial skills and experience in budget development.
- Good attention to detail and analytical skills.
- Patient, adaptable, flexible, able to improvise and remain responsive and communicate clearly and effectively under pressure..
- Excellent planning, management and coordination skills, with the ability to organise a workload comprised of varying and changing tasks and responsibilities and work under pressure.
- Computer literate (i.e. Word, advanced Excel, Outlook, financial systems).
- Willingness to travel to regional/field offices and work in difficult environment according to travel requirements.
- Highly developed cultural awareness and ability to work well in an international environment with people from diverse backgrounds and cultures.
- Commitment to and understanding of Save the Children’s aims, values and principles.
- Willingness and capability to comply with all relevant Save the Children policies and procedures with respect to health and safety, security, equal opportunities and other relevant policies, including the Child Safeguarding Policy.
- Experience with Save the Children Award Management System (AMS).
- Significant experience with NGOs in an international environment.
Save the children international employ approximately 25,000 people across the globe and work on the ground in over 100 countries to help children affected by crises, or those that need better healthcare, education and child protection. We also campaign and advocate at the highest levels to realise the right of children and to ensure their voices are heard.
We are working towards three breakthroughs in how the world treats children by 2030:
- No child dies from preventable causes before their 5th birthday
- All children learn from a quality basic education and that,
- Violence against children is no longer tolerated
We know that great people make a great organization, and that our employees play a crucial role in helping us achieve our ambitions for children. We value our people and offer a meaningful and rewarding career, along with a collaborative and inclusive environment where ambition, creativity, and integrity are highly valued.
Please attach a copy of your CV and cover letter with your application, and include details of your current remuneration and salary expectations. A copy of the full role profile can be found at .
We need to keep children safe so our selection process, which includes rigorous background checks, reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse. All employees are expected to carry out their duties in accordance with our global anti-harassment policy.
Save the Children is an equal opportunity employer and seeks to employ and assign the best-qualified talent.
Female Candidate are strongly encouraged to apply.
Disclaimer: Save the Children International does not charge any kind of fee at whichever stage of the recruitment process, nor request for medical examination or records and does not act through recruitment agents whatsoever.