Vacant Position: Senior Accountant
Reports to: EARS Manager / Treasurer
Location: Nairobi, Kenya / East Africa Regional Services (EARS)
Industry: Mission Organization
Our Client SIM Kenya – an international mission organisation with more than 4,000 workers serving in more than 70 countries is urgently seeking to hire versatile, enthusiastic and talented Senior Accountant.
The successful candidate is based in Nairobi, Kenya and will be reporting to the EARS Manager / Treasurer.
He/she will be responsible for maintaining the integrity of accounting information by verifying, recording, consolidating, and inputting transactions by performing the following duties;
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Provide financial advice and guidance to the Accounting Team
- Implement financial systems, expenditure tracking, financial reporting and accounting.
- Manage accounting and financial systems and maintain full and accurate accounting records
- Prepare details financial reports and statements
- Maintain cash controls
- Reconcile general ledger accounts and bank statements
- Maintain internal controls to ensure compliance with financial regulations, policies and procedures
- Assist the EARS Manager in evaluating processes and developing best practices to improve the effectiveness and efficiency of the Accounting Team and function.
- Have sufficient competency in the responsibilities of each Accounting Team member to assume their responsibilities when they are on leave
- Perform all other duties as assigned by the Supervisor
Key Competencies & Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance, CPA (K) or ACCA,
- Membership – ICPAK
- Must have at least 5 years post-qualification experience in a busy accounting set-up
- Must be a born again Christian and actively growing in their walk with the Lord via bible reading and prayer
- Competency in spreadsheets and accounting software
- Strong analytic skills: able to clearly link financial results to operational performance drivers, generate alternatives and drive positive change.
- Excellent communication skills: able to clearly communicate complex financial information in an easy to understand manner and able to deliver message effectively verbally and in writing
- Ability to be self-motivated with a positive attitude
- Solid work ethic, Organizational skills and the ability to be proactive and take initiative
How to Apply
If you are up to the challenge, kindly send CV and cover letter only to firstname.lastname@example.org before close of business on or before 20 June 2021.
Clearly indicate the position applied for and expected salary on the subject line.