Practical Action is an international non-governmental organization (NGO) that uses technology to challenge poverty in developing countries. We find out what people are doing and help them to do it better. Through technology we enable poor communities to build on their skills and knowledge to produce sustainable and practical solutions – transforming their lives forever and protecting the world around them.
Project Development and Resource mobilisation (20%):
- Develop high quality Concept Notes, Expressions of Interests and Proposals to win new energy assignments in the relevant region (often to very tight deadlines). This will involve:
- Identifying and reviewing opportunities
- Leading and coordinating proposal development activities
Project implementation and quality (60%):
- Manage the day-to-day delivery of long-term and short term energy assignments in the region in close collaboration with PA UK, other PA regional offices, external partner organizations and consultants.
- Be responsible for all aspects of assigned projects including technical inputs, budget and contract management, client relationships’ partner coordination/facilitation, production of reports/knowledge products and team management (with responsibility for other project team members’ inputs; developing TORs, ensuring timely delivery, and quality assurance of subcontractors and Practical Action staff).
- Review reports prepared by project team members and associates before delivery to the client to ensure that they are of a high quality and meet the client’s requirements.
- Ensure that all project management functions are completed in a timely and quality manner, including implementation, monitoring, evaluation and reporting.
Liaison, Networking and knowledge (10%):
- Represent Practical Action at international meetings and events, particularly those which will support PA’s influencing strategy, raise PA’s profile and generate networks and contacts in the energy and development sector.
- Author and commission articles for publication in international media and journals based on a synthesis of project experience
- Build and maintain relationships with regional associate energy consultants to enable PA to effectively deliver assignments in the region.
Strategic Alignment (10%):
- Provide thought leadership to the energy change ambition of the regional office
- Provide strategic support to the Regional Leadership
- Support the development of the energy team and manage one or more Energy Advisors.
- To be successful in the role, you will be a graduate with a Master’s degree in renewable energy, economics electrical engineering, civil engineering, or other relevant discipline. Working experience of 8 -10 years in the power sector; preferably with focus on transmission planning, data and/or modelling or operations, and power sector policy and regulation is required. Sound knowledge and experience of off-grid energy access technologies, preferably around mini-grids and solar home systems is essential.
Submit your CV, copies of relevant documents and Application to [email protected]
Use the title of the position as the subject of the email
Closing Date : 8 October. 2021