We have the largest Job seeker visits by alexa rankings. Post a Job
Maasai Mara University is a public university which is the only university in Narok County, Kenya. The university provides high-class quality education for all.
Senior Internal Auditor Salary Scale 13
Basic Salary: Kshs.106,327
Salary Progression: Kshs.106,327 x 2992 – 112,312 x 3728 – 119,767 x 3725 – 127,614 x 4122 – 135,859 x 4121– 144,960 x 4,960 – 149,940 p.a.
House Allowance: ksh. 58,972 /
REF: MMU/SIA/05/2021 GRADE 13
For appointment to this position, a candidate must have: –
- A Master’s degree in Accounting/Finance or in a relevant field from a University recognized in Kenya.
- CPA Final (Certified Public Accountant)
- Membership registration with ICPA(K)
- Proficiency in relevant computer applications
- Nine (9) years auditing experience having served for at least a period of three (3) years as Internal Auditor I.
- Demonstrated merit and ability as reflected in work performance and results.
- Shown unquestionable integrity
- Shown merit and ability in work performance and results.
Reporting administratively to the Vice-Chancellor, the main duties will include:
- Formulation of audit plans and strategy to guide internal audit operations by leading audit teams in the execution of the audit plans
- Allocation of duties to and supervision of internal audit staff to ensure attainment of the
- goals as per the internal audit work plans and to ensure effectiveness of internal control systems and policies.
- Preparation of audit reports to document audit findings so as to guide decision making by the University Management and Council.
- Conducting risk assessment on various departments to guide in the implementation of the operational policies.
- Conducting performance appraisal for internal audit staff to ensure goals and objectives of the department are attained
- Preparation audit reports and plans to document audit findings so as to inform audit activities.
- Communicating with client’s departments on audit findings, upcoming audit and results.
- Assessment of the training needs by the internal audit staff through conduct seminars in the university to address on the key audit issues encountered.
- Carrying out risk assessment for the departments/ sections of the university to determine and mitigate the risks faced by the departments.
- Conducting audit verification on university asset to ensure their proper usage.
- Development of internal audit policies and techniques to guide the operations of the internal audit operations.
- Offering secretariat roles to the audit committee of council through taking of minutes and making reports on the purpose of the meetings.
- Verifying that the documents for carrying out audit are attached to show that the expenditure are duly approved and charged to paper votes.
- Perform any other duties as may be assigned or delegated to you from time to time.
Submit your CV, copies of relevant documents and Application to:
The Chairman of Council,
Maasai Mara University
P. O. Box 861-20500
Email: [email protected]
Closing Date : 30 November. 2021