MultiChoice South Africa’s activities involve the operation of Pay-Television and internet subscriber platforms. The MultiChoice South Africa group includes the digital satellite Pay-Television business (“DStv”), which has been in operation since 1995. Other businesses in the group are; M-Net (delivers thematic channels and exclusive content to DStv subscribers) and SuperSport (provides comprehensive coverage of local and global sport). DStv Media Sales (commercial airtime sales and on-air sponsorship), DStv Mobile (mobile television content and services), MWEB (internet service provider), DStv Online (delivering entertainment content and services from the MultiChoice family to customers via breakthrough technologies), Commerce Zone (e-procurement solutions) and Smart Village (gated community services) also form part of the group. MultiChoice’s involvement in South Africa goes beyond it’s core business. Through its corporate social investment, the company actively participates in social transformation and, through technology, enables individuals and communities to help themselves.
Industry Research and Insights
- Analyse research from various data sources – primary vs secondary research, in country vs across the region, trading currency vs analytical currencies, first party vs third party data. Provide relevant insights to drive sales in East Africa.
- In-market Currency Management:
- All media briefs and proposals to include in-market media currency, where applicable.
- Quarterly updates to be presented to East Africa Team looking at both Total TV market and DMS.
- Close feedback loop with Head of Business Enablement on in-market currency fluctuations or recommendations.
- Exploit the Telmar planning/PCA tool to uncover key market insights and debate preparation for agencies.
- Roll-out Go-to-market – understand, follow up, own and implement the process for the EA team.
- New Business Growth – update the team monthly with succinct spend reports and strategic highlights of underspending clients or highlight new business growth (this is over and above category decks)
- Provide input into the development of the overall divisional strategy
- Gain exposure to our various tools and dashboards to further enhance reporting and interpretation of viewership, becoming a specialist in these tools
- At times assist with, as well as present, industry related webinar
Reporting and Analytics
- Develop and manage reporting and analytics tools and dashboards to support the sales teams
- Implement best practice methodologies in reporting and analysing data
- Bring your strength to the team to add improvements and recommendations.
- Embracing our ecosystem and understanding the viewer journey
- An understanding and level of embracing digital. Our business is in a digital transformation drive
- – VOD and live streaming being a growing portion of our business model.
- Building out our digital viewing audience clusters – available via our DMP
- Assess various tactical solutions for the various segments
- Decide on macro approaches to meeting client needs and identify effective campaign opportunities
- Design creative media solutions across the various DStv offerings and platforms to adequately address client objectives and challenges and deliver holistic solutions
- Formulate and develop go to market presentations that detail opportunities within the DMS portfolio of channels and offerings
- Have the ability of agile thinking, think ‘out of the box’ to assist some markets that don’t have the privilege of an abundance of available research.
- Develop and manage key stakeholder relationships across the business, including both internal and external clients as well as key partners and alliances
- Analyse the primary needs of each stakeholder and partner to close any gaps
- Collaborate with the rest of the media strategists within the DMS business to structure unique and relevant media solutions to address client’s needs
Submit your CV and Application on Company Website : Click Here
Closing Date : 15 October. 2021