At Sendy, we specialize in connecting on-demand, trusted, and transparent service providers with individuals and businesses looking to move packages. Thus, we believe it’s a natural extension of our core expertise to also connect our users to quality certified transportation providers. As of today, Sendy users can now request a package DELIVERY using a motorcycle, van, pickup, or 3 ton truck, or a passenger RIDE with a boda boda or cab – all from within the same SENDY mobile app (available on Android and iOS) and web platform. All DELIVERY and RIDE services are available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week and can be paid for using cash, MPesa, or card.
About The Role
Site Reliability Engineers build and operate the platform on which Sendy’s applications run. SREs have built up their knowledge working in different environments and come from a variety of technical backgrounds. The common denominator across all our reliability engineers include a passion for scalability, operational excellence and automation..
The Senior SRE will lead and develop a team of SREs that are responsible for the Sendy’s production platform and build the tools for all teams to understand and interact with it.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Mentor, grow, and empower the team by giving them the skills, confidence and motivation to make decisions
- Participate in deep technical design discussions within the team, and across partner teams, and ensure that we’re building high quality systems
- Partner with other Engineering Leads across Sendy to achieve reliability outcomes for their services
- Building software to help engineering and support teams
- Fixing support escalation issues
- Optimizing on-call rotations and processes
- Documenting “tribal” knowledge
- Conducting post-incident reviews
- Linux systems administration experience
- Five years Site Reliability Engineering experience
- Intermediate level software development skills in Python, Go or SQL
- Strong skills in network services, including DNS, TLS/SSL and HTTP
- Network fundamentals DHCP, ARP, subnetting, routing, firewalls
- Experience with the Linux kernel and Linux software packaging
- Performance analysis and debugging with tools like perf, sar, strace, dtrace
- Configuration management systems such as Saltstack, Chef, Puppet or Ansible
- Load balancing and reverse proxies such as Nginx, Varnish, HAProxy, Apache
- SQL databases (Postgres or MySQL)
- Time series databases (OpenTSDB, Graphite, Prometheus, Grafana)
- Key/Value stores (Redis, KyotoTycoon, Cassandra, LevelDB)
- Internetworking and BGP.
- Experience leading and hiring a team that builds and runs tools and platforms
- Ability to work effectively with distinct personalities and across all levels in an organization.
- Must be a self-starter and highly organized.
- Ability to discern and apply knowledge
- Top level interpersonal and cross-cultural skills
- Ability to work well with people at all levels in the organization.
What we offer
- Comprehensive health insurance – Inpatient / Outpatient / Dental / Optical.
- Flexible vacation.
- All risk Insurance
- Office lunch
- Opportunity for company stock options
Submit your CV and Application on Company Website : Click Here
Closing Date : 30 September. 2021