Job Vacancy: Senior Talent Officer
Organization Background: Cosmos Pharmaceuticals is a 3rd generation family business of technocrats that has grown to have a presence in 9 Sub Saharan African countries and employ 500+ people. Its sole aim is to manufacture quality medicines (human and veterinary) at affordable prices for the African community.
Job Summary: The Senior Talent Officer will report to the HR & Admin Manager and is responsible for the implementation of the talent acquisition strategies of the Company, creating talent pipelines for future hiring needs, recruitment and selection, induction, performance management and implementation of training and development initiatives for the Company’s talent.
- Participate in the development of a talent acquisition strategy and a succession plan/talent pipeline for key leadership roles as well as for hard-to-fill technical positions.
- Recruitment and selection i.e., Review of job descriptions with Heads of Departments or line managers, advertisements, shortlisting, conducting interviews and providing feedback and recommendations. This may be done in liaison with external recruiter where applicable.
- Carrying out background and reference checks, pre-employment medical examinations, and any other tests required before making employment offers in line with the Company’s reward structure.
- Support in creating of reports for senior management through reporting key metrics in talent management e.g., turnover, time-to-hire, retention of key talent, etc.
- Design and run the onboarding/induction process in a manner that ensures that new hires are quickly and comprehensively inducted into the Company culture to be able to perform their roles effectively.
- Implement the performance management cycle; oversee goal setting exercises, periodic performance management, and that post-performance actions are taken.
- Formulate, develop and implement reward management system.
- Take actions based on performance appraisals including recommending training and development plans, initiating and tracking performance improvement plans and also reward or promotions as appropriate.
- In liaison with heads of departments, create competency framework for staff in each function; maintain in-depth knowledge and understanding of the roles and competencies associated with departmental functions of the Company.
- Continually updating competency frameworks, sensitizing department heads, managers, supervisors and employees of competencies required per each job group; monitor progress of employees against competencies.
- Assist in other day to day HR department operational responsibilities such as employee relations, leave management and policy cascades and reviews.
- To adhere and comply to; all cGMP and GDocP records/data standards, ALCOA principles, and the company code of conduct for data integrity.
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field e.g., Human Resources or Social Sciences
- Higher National Diploma in Human Resource Management or CHRP
- Member of IHRM
- At least three (3) years’ relevant experience in a similar position
- Excellent written, oral, and interpersonal communication skills
- Proactive, highly self-motivated and directed.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
- Demonstrable ability to plan, organize and execute tasks.
- Ability to establish credibility and trust and to maintain confidentiality.
- Team-oriented and able to work with all cadres of staff.
How to Apply:
Please make your application on our website recruitment portal: https://jobs.adeptsystems.co.ke/.
This will require you to create a profile and in addition attach your detailed and up to date CV with your contact details, details of current and expected remuneration, the names of three professional referees and a cover letter demonstrating how you meet our requirements.
Your application should reach us by close of business Friday, 9th July 2021.
Cosmos Pharmaceuticals is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages applications from qualified individuals.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Please note that we do not charge fees for receiving or processing job applications.