Absa Bank Limited (Absa) is a wholly owned subsidiary of Barclays Africa Group Limited. Absa offers personal and business banking, credit cards, corporate and investment banking, wealth and investment management as well as bancassurance.
This position is responsible for implementing and supporting of all operations that are involved in the server, storage, backup and Print Services at Absa Bank of Kenya.
Accountability: Service (Applications) Availability
- The prime responsibility is for installation and supporting of applications to ensure that Technology can effectively meet service targets in accordance with planned business objectives.
- The accountability has a responsibility to establish requirements for new applications or enhancements to existing applications.
- Provide a range of application availability reporting to ensure that agreed levels of availability, reliability and maintainability are measured and monitored on an ongoing basis
- Successfully facilitate delivery of changes to desktops depending on business needs to ensure that desktops and their dependencies are made available for the business.
- Provide holistic support of application availability to Business Users
- Take actions to achieve reductions in frequency and duration of incidents that impact application availability
- Ensure shortfalls in application availability are recognized and appropriate corrective actions are identified and progressed
- Take action on agreed appropriate actions with Line Management to maintain or improve application availability levels
- Initiate and coordinate actions required to maintain or improve availability of applications
- Act as a coordination point for changes to applications when needed
- Maintain an awareness of technology advancements and best practices that support application availability
Accountability: Business Liaison
- Single point of contact for one or more business units to represent IT services.
- Identify service needs for the Business Units represented to Technology
- Escalate Business unit service issues to the Service Manager
- Communicate service status on service issues to the Business Unit
- Assist in SLA negotiation efforts with Business Unit(s)
- Report on quality of services rendered to Business Unit(s)
Accountability: Risk Management
- Build relationship with country Technology Risk and Compliance team and provide support wherever required.
- Contribute and deliver to the improvement of the risk profile by delivering improved governance, risk management, controls and compliance requirements.
- Devise and implement an effective plan to deliver a satisfactory risk and audit profile for Operations & IT and achieve audit and assurance targets.
Accountability: People Management
- Responsible for driving own Performance Development, collating relevant documentation, preparing for and arranging reviews.
- By utilizing skills matrix, identify training and development requirements, formulating own plan to be agreed with team leader. Responsible for ensuring own plan is completed within agreed timescales.
- Undertake all necessary training in order to perform the role to the required standards, including gaining accreditation where appropriate.
- Motivate team members and ensure that their efforts are recognized.
- Participate in the creation and implementation of Employee Opinion Survey (EOS) actions for the team.
Education and experience required
- Undergraduate or higher
- 3 years IT experience minimum
- An MCP or MCSE 2003 or MCSA 2003 holder has an added advantage
Knowledge and skills:
- Translate Bus Requirements to Tech Solutions (Solid)
- Negotiation Skills (Solid)
- Strategic Thinking (Solid)
- ITIL – Governance Framework (Solid)
- Communication Skills (Written and Verbal) (Solid)
- Subject matter expertise (Solid)
- Understand the IT service delivery within a corporate environment (Advanced)
- Conceptual thinking skills (Solid)
- Ability to analyze, make decision and initiate act (Solid)
- Deciding and initiating action
- Learning and researching
- Entrepreneurial and commercial thinking
- Relating and networking
- Adapting and responding to change
- Persuading and influencing
- Creating and innovating
Further Education and Training Certificate (FETC): Physical, Mathematical, Computer and Life Sciences (Required)
Submit your CV and Application on Company Website : Click Here
Closing Date : 24th June, 2021