EXPRESSION OF INTEREST
Short-term Data Enumerators for Annual Outcome Survey
Project Summary: Kenya Crops & Dairy Market Systems (KCDMS) is part of Feed the Future program, America’s initiative to combat global hunger and poverty. In this regard, USAID is partnering with RTI International on a 5-year new cooperative agreement to help increase agricultural production and reduce poverty and malnutrition in Kenya.
The project will also spur competitive, resilient market systems in Kenya’s horticulture and dairy sectors.
Job Summary: RTI is recruiting enumerators to be involved in the annual outcome survey for the Kenya Crops and Dairy Market Systems Activity (KCDMS). The enumerators will collect data from farmers and/or businesses sampled from Kenya Crops and Dairy Market Systems Activity (KCDMS) participants. The survey will include data collection from households and/or businesses.
This activity will be executed in all the 12 Counties where KCDMS activity is being implemented that include: Bungoma, Busia, Kakamega, Vihiga, Kisumu, Homabay, Siaya, Kisii, Migori, Makueni, Kitui and Taita Taveta. The study will be conducted in August and September 2021 and is expected to take a maximum of One Month.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
1. Attend three days enumerators training which will equip you with skills that are necessary for conducting effective interviews, understanding data collection tools and use of ODK application
2. Understanding the objectives and activities of Kenya Crops and Dairy Market Systems Activity Annual Outcome Survey
3. Participate in the pre-test of the data collection tools to assess appropriateness, accuracy and consistency so as to improve its practicality for the interview with farmers
4. Collect data from farmers survey respondents using tablets in accordance with formalities illustrated by the monitoring and evaluation team
5. Collect, record and submit data as accurately and within the established timeframe (including daily targets).
6. Provide a survey progress technical report following the format that will be provided for, by the monitoring and evaluation team
7. Seek technical assistance from supervisor as needed while conducting the survey in the field
8. Undertake the survey following strict guidelines of survey ethics, responsibility, and teamwork. In addition, represent RTI – KCD project professionally and courteously
9. Take good responsibility of the resources provided for by the KCDMS activity
Qualifications and Competencies
1. Minimum Diploma/Bachelor’s degree in agricultural field /climate related / business / Statistics/community development /social sciences
2. Demonstrate knowledge and ability to conduct interviews
3. Experience working with smallholder’s farmers populations
4. Knowledge and experience on use of mobile based data collection tools (questionnaire)
5. Must be a resident of the enumeration area or neighboring enumeration area they are assigned to work in
6. Have very good communication skills; Proficiency in English and Kiswahili; written and oral. Being conversant with the local language / dialect is highly desired
7. Previous experience with survey-based work as an enumerator is added advantage
8. Ability to work independently as well as an effective team player
We invite interested individuals to submit the following application documents: Half a page cover letter, CV (maximum 4 pages) with contact details of three independent work referees
Send your cover letter and CV to: email@example.com with AOS Enumerator on the email subject line by June 21, 2021, at 1700 hours.