Why We Are Hiring for This Role
Moringa School is in an exciting transition from a primarily Nairobi-based school to an international education organization via rapid growth across Africa and expansion into new course offerings. We are a premier advanced immersive program, training exceptional full-stack and mobile Software Engineers. Students train 10+ hours a day, 5 days a week, through 20 weeks in a curriculum focused on computer science fundamentals, frontend skills, and Python/Django or Java/Android. We are looking for a talented, organized, systems-oriented thinker to provide management, leadership, and accountability to a high performance team in support of the mission and core values of the company. The ideal candidate has demonstrated experience building software systems, and working well in diverse teams, even in a chaotic environment. The Technical Mentor role provides the mentorship and supervision necessary to ensure that their students have a 5-star experience and achieve strong outcomes.
What You Have
- 2+ years experience working, at least 1+ years experience professional coding in languages used in the classroom
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field
- Lots of patience and empathy, ability to work well with and accommodate the needs of other people
- Strong problem solving abilities to handle complex situations involving many people
- Ability to work with and mentor large, diverse groups of people
- Positive, empathetic, team-player with a systems-mindset
- Ability to multitask and strategically solve diverse problems
- Coding school alumni (preferred)
- Experience teaching, working in education, or program management (preferred)
What You Will Do
- Lead and coordinate all classroom activities for your class
- Responsibility for class and student success and happiness.
- Weekly 1.1’s with students, including personal check-in and independent project review
- Disciplinary follow-up for all incomplete independent projects
- Disciplinary follow-up for all academic and interpersonal issues
- Fill out and maintain student tracking, come up with plans for success of all students
- Raise red flags early when students are not on track!
- Kick off and run all daily activities, such as: daily standup, peer review hour, etc
- Master TM responsibilities and processes to ensure quality is maintained
- Once TM mastery is achieved, iterate on processes such as classroom structure, curriculum, etc by providing good feedback and insights, doing (very calculated) experiments, and updating documentation
- Personal professional growth: Moringa is part of your professional journey. It is up to you to decide how you want to grow through that journey, and to continuously improve in doing your work using the tools at your disposal.
Career Growth & Development
We do not believe that an organization can grow without the growth & development of its staff. At Moringa School, we are consistently building systems to invest in the growth of our employees. We are deeply invested in offering career growth within Moringa, provide actionable feedback through “weekly check-ins” & thorough career reviews.
We will work together with you to craft roles that both support the needs of the organization and that you can be passionate about.
Submit your CV and Application on Company Website : Click Here
Closing Date : 30 October. 2021