Technical Lead – Health Financing Job, NGO Jobs 2021,
Job Title: Technical Lead – Health Financing
The Strategic Purchasing Africa Resource Center (SPARC) is a resource hub aimed at strengthening strategic purchasing capacity in Sub-Saharan Africa by connecting existing regional expertise and matching it with country demand to make better use of resources for health. Our vision is to empower countries with knowledge and practical tools to make access to affordable and quality health care a reality for all. SPARC is creating a network of regional experts who can support the development of practical, home-grown solutions that meet countries’ strategic purchasing needs.
SPARC is hosted by Amref Health Africa and receives technical support from Results for Development, and benefits from the organizations’ reach across sub-Saharan Africa and technical expertise, respectively. These relationships support SPARC’s commitment to developing strong partnerships across the continent and building expertise in strategic purchasing and brokering support based on country demand. Through these partnerships, SPARC promotes evidence-informed policymaking that leads to better health spending and facilitates learning and sharing of best practices in health purchasing.
SPARC’s approach – key pillars:
- Coaching and mentoring: Build a cadre of regional experts who can work alongside and provide contextualized support to country-led strategic purchasing processes.
- Country engagement: Broker tailored packages of strategic purchasing support to address country needs and demand.
- Knowledge management and joint learning: Build a learning agenda on strategic purchasing and capture and share practical lessons and experiences.
Under the leadership of the Executive Director, the Technical Lead – Health Financing will provide technical and
strategic support to the leadership of SPARC, and specifically to the Technical Consortium. This includes
providing input through discussions with leadership, review of technical papers by the technical consortium and
other SPARC stakeholders, writing technical papers and similar documents based on evidence generated and
lessons learned from across countries in sub-Saharan Africa. Principalresponsibilities are described in the
section below. This position is open to international fill, relocation available.
SPARC works in a fast-paced, results-driven environment. We are seeking a highly-motivated individual who is both detail oriented and can ask the key questions or see the ‘big picture’. SPARC places great value on resourcefulness, entrepreneurship, responsibility, tenacity, flexibility, independence, energy, work ethic and humility. In addition, the candidate must demonstrate excellent communications skills and display cultural sensitivity.
- Master’s degree in a relevant field such as health economics, public health, public policy, finance, business, or other relevant disciplines and/or significant experience working in a public or private health insurance scheme or on a public health financing reform.
- 5-10 years of experience in demanding, results-oriented environments in the public sector and/or private sector.
- Experience working at a strategic level in Sub-Saharan African countries on a health financing (preferably purchasing, health insurance) reform is highly preferred.
- Demonstrated experience working with high level government stakeholders and/or other senior stakeholders in consensus-building processes on major health systems reforms;
- Experience informing development of government strategy, policy, and operational plans, preferably in health or health systems is a plus
- Experience designing and managing teams and long-term projects
- Excellent problem solving, analytical, and quantitative skills, including attention to detail • Strong communication skills, including delivery of compelling presentations and documents in Microsoft PowerPoint and Word
- Exceptional diplomacy and interpersonal skills demonstrated ability to build strong professional relationships with a range of stakeholders in a challenging, multi-cultural environment; • Ability to work independently, set priorities, and handle multiple tasks simultaneously • Ability to and absorb and synthesize a broad range of information
- Ability to work with humility and achieve results
- Ability to mentor and lead teams in a fast-paced and changing environment
- Strong command of the English language.
- Strong writer, facilitator and oral communicator
- Professional experience working with government authorities in developing countries, with experience in sub-Saharan Africa
- Familiarity with a broad range of key global health issues, including health systems or health financing challenges in developing countries.
How to apply
If interested, please clink this link https://amref.org/job/technical-lead-2/to make your application. You will be directed to our online portal where you will need to create an account successfully in order for you to be able to submit your application. Your application should include a cover letter detailing why you are the best fit for this
position and your CV with relevant skills and experience. The cover letter and CV should be in a single file that is not longer than a total of five (5) pages. Please note that you will receive an email confirmation for creation of account and an acknowledgment email upon submitting your application. Deadline for submission: 30 May 2021. Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Duly note that Amref Health Africa does not require applicants to pay any fee at whatever stage of the recruitment and selection process.