Procurement Assistant Job, Latest Procurement Jobs In Kenya June,
Purpose of the Job
This position reports to the Procurement Officer and is responsible for the provision of accurate and timely assistance in administration of the procurement process, in compliance with the Procurement Act and Regulations.
Main Responsibilities of the Job
- Ensure proper recording and custody of all procurement documents and inventory;
- Safeguard and manage procurement records and filing;
- Ensure proper inventory of procured assets and boarded stores due for disposal and preparation of the reports;
- Ensure that the store is well organized to enhance easy access to goods, efficient utilization of space, and easier administration of the store operations that safety security management
- Issue goods to users as per the requests in a timely manner and as per the specifications raised by the user departments
- Monitor stock levels and advice when re – order levels are reached to minimize stock outs.
- Any other relevant duties as may be assigned.
Qualifications and Experience
- Diploma in Purchasing and Supply Chain Management / Business Management from a recognized Institution
- Member of Kenya Institute of Supply Management 2 years of service in a comparable position from a reputable organization
- Demonstrated Computer Literacy
- Knowledge of Public Procurement and Disposal legislation.
- Knowledge in professional standards
- Communication skills
- Interpersonal skills
- Organizational skills
- Ability to work under pressure
- Ability to work well with teams
- Meets the requirements of Chapter Six of the Constitution
How To Apply
Interested and qualified persons are requested to submit their applications indicating their current salary together with a detailed Curriculum vitae, copies of academic and professional certificates and testimonials.
Shortlisted candidates MUST present and satisfy the requirements of Chapter Six of the Constitution of Kenya 2010 by providing original copies of the following documents during interviews;
- A valid tax Compliance Certificate from the Kenya Revenue Authority (KRA);
- A valid Certificate of Good Conduct from the Directorate of Criminal Investigation (DCI);
- A valid Clearance Certificate from the Higher Education Loans Board (HELB); and
- A valid Clearance Certificate from an approved Credit Reference Bureau (CRB) (Must provide certificate or report)
Application to be submitted in a sealed envelope clearly marked at the top “Application
for the position of……” and mailed OR delivered to:
The Commission Secretary
Salaries and Remuneration Commission
Williamson House 6th Floor
4th Ngong Avenue
P.O. Box 43126 – 00100
To be received on or before 14th June, 2021.
Salaries and Remuneration Commission is an equal opportunity employer. Canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification. Qualified candidates irrespective of their gender, race, culture, religion or disability are encouraged to apply. Only short listed candidates will be contacted.