Human Resource Officer Job, Kenyan HR Jobs October 2021,
The Human Resource Officer (HRO) is responsible for providing support in the various human resource functions, which include recruitment, staffing, training and development, performance monitoring and employee welfare. They will be expected to coordinate workplace benefits and insurances including enrolment and termination in a timely and effective manner. The HRO will also prepare and generate various reports for employee and management action.
- Preparing Job descriptions, advertising vacant positions and managing the employment process.
- Orienting new employees and capacity building existing ones / implementing systematic staff development processes.
- Monitoring employee performance.
- Overseeing the health and safety of all employees.
- Ensuring all employees are organized and satisfied in their work environment.
- Ensuring implementation of payroll and benefits administration.
- Assist in creating employee performance management and appraisals by the managers.
- Ensuring accurate and proper record keeping of employee information.
- Reviewing the Organization’s HR policies.
- Developing short term and long term Human Resource planning strategies.
- Management of employee relations including employees’ disciplinary issues, grievances and conflicts and documenting the evidence.
- Management of staff attendance and leaves.
- Prepare annual compensation and benefits summary statements.
- Coordinate with insurance companies to resolve employee insurance challenges.
- Develop and review job descriptions and person specifications and match existing job profiles with appropriate candidates, preparing job adverts, checking the application forms, shortlisting, interviewing and selecting candidates.
- Work closely with other departments, increasingly in a consultancy role, assisting managers to understand and implement policies and strategies.
- Identify staff training needs and plan the trainings in lieu with resource availability.
- Work on a three to five years’ human resource strategic plan.
- Propose St. John Ambulance Scorecard, performance objectives for various roles, performance indicators, targets, evaluation criteria and performance rewards.
- Design an employee biodata for staff.
- Propose a suitable scheme of service.
- Review the Human Resource manual, policies and code of conduct.
- Handle matters arising between the brigade and the staff in liaison with the relevant brigade officer.
- Establish HR functions in line with best practice.
- A minimum of a Bachelor degree in Human Resource Management, Business Administration or a related field.
- Fully qualified HRM Professional and a member in good standing of IHRM.
- Possess working knowledge in labor and employment laws.
- At least three years’ relevant working experience.
- General Knowledge or experience with a charitable organization will be an added advantage.
- Fluency in English is a prerequisite.
- Developing standards.
- Fostering teamwork.
- Management proficiency.
- Building relationships.
- People skills.
How To Apply
Qualified and interested applicants are invited to send an application letter and curriculum vitae via email only quoting the job title on the email subject to email@example.com by 21 October 2021.Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification. St. John is an equal opportunity employer.