Our Client, The Standard Group PLC, is looking for a Head of Technical responsible for coordinating complex and multi functions of all Technical sub-sections as well as being the main link office to the various departments within the Group.
The role reports to the Chief Technical Officer.
Job Purpose & Key Responsibilities
- Providing effective departmental leadership and overseeing daily departmental operations and performance accountabilities.
- Drive the departmental staff performance objectives to ensure achievement of all technical deliverables.
- Ensuring uninterrupted broadcast network service for both TV and Radio.
- Keep abreast of and advise senior management on the latest broadcast technologies and solutions and advise on the best and most cost-effective technology & equipment for efficient operation of technical functions of the Group.
- Planning and managing allocated funds in a cost-effective manner.
- Represent the Technical Department in projects recommended by the CTO.
- Liaise with various government and regulatory institutions and ensure compliance.
- Manage the facilities and office spaces occupied by the Group by ensuring facilities are maintained and kept in good condition.
- Degree in Electronics and Electrical Engineering, Communications Engineering / Media Technology / ICT / Broadcast Technology or a relevant field from a recognized institution.
- 10 years’ relevant experience, with 3 years at supervisory level in Broadcast Media or Signal Distribution / Wireless or GSM Networks.
- Relevant professional certification where applicable.
- Member of a relevant professional body where applicable.
- Strategic planning and goal setting to deliver the organization goals
- Outstanding leadership skills and ability to delegate responsibilities effectively
- Must understand function/discipline planning requirements.
- Contributes to policy making decisions influencing the whole organization.
- Exceptional communication and reporting skills
Kindly visit: https://www.racg.co.ke/html/?p=jobs to create/update your career profile and submit your application.
Application deadline: Friday 4th June 2021