Vacancy at StarTimes Media (K) Co Ltd
Job Title: Advertising Sales Manager
Department: Advertising Sales
Reports to: Brand Marketing Director, Global Advertising-HQ Beijing and to CEO Kenya
Pay TV service providers StarTimes Media Group seeks to appoint a suitably qualified individual to assume the role of Advertising Sales Manager for its Kenya Country Branch.
Objective of the position: The AD Sales Manager will be in charge of Sales of Airtime to prospective advertisers and will manage the output of a team of Break Schedulers, Commercial Acceptance Officers, Internal Sales Teams, Strategists and all other relevant positions within airtime sales department.
Duties and Responsibilities
1. Develop annual plan designed to meet designated sales targets.
2. Ensure proper design and production of sales materials for the team.
3. Liaise with all relevant department to ensure synergy in planning and implementation of the annual-sales plan.
4. Ensure positive relationship with customer-base. Incrementally grow the customer base.
5. Maintain a proper record of all sales transactions
6. Maintain a reliable data-base
7. Ensure regular capacity building of the team
8. Provide detailed monthly reports, based on an agreed upon format
Advert Product to sell:
- Electronic Program Guide Advert on StarTimes platform
- StarTimes Pan-Africa Channels’ Airtime
- Manage and maintain client relations
- Recruit more clients on the StarTimes advertising platform
- Other advert resource
- Private companies in manufacturing and telecommunication and services sectors
- Direct customers which mean the marketing or branding department of brands
- Non-governmental Organizations
Qualifications / Skills / Competencies
- A graduate in Marketing, Advertising and Communication. Business Administration, Social Sciences or a relevant degree from a recognized institution.
- Between 3-5 years advert sales experience with proven achievements
- Previous agency work experience is an added advantage
- A good understanding of Advert Business.
- A good knowledge and experience of agencies’ workflow
- Have great network in the industry.
- Great ambition to earn more from commissions
- Have a private car that can be used when visit customers.
- Working knowledge of all the television data
- Understanding of a multi-channel environment
- Good knowledge and experience in the use of relevant computer software
How to Apply
Qualified candidates should send their application letters and CV’s quoting relevant skills and experience to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Kindly include names of three referees and a daytime telephone contact.
Interviews will be done on a rolling basis until the position is filled.
Please Note: This is a direct recruitment.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted