The Kenya Bureau of Standards (KEBS) has remained the premier government agency for the provision of Standards, Metrology and Conformity Assessment (SMCA) services since its inception in 1974. Over that period its main activities have grown from the development of standards and quality control for a limited number of locally made products in the 1970s to the provision of more comprehensive Standards development, Metrology, Conformity Assessment, Training and Certification services. With the re-establishment of the East African Community (EAC) and Common Market for Eastern and Southern Africa (COMESA), KEBS activities now include participation in the development and implementation of SMCA activities at the regional level where it participates in the harmonization of standards, measurements and conformity assessment regimes for regional integration. KEBS operates the National Enquiry Point in support of the WTO Agreement on Technical Barriers to Trade (TBT).
Reports to: Assistant Projects Manager
Indirect Reports: N/A
The job holder is responsible for carrying out fundamental research and statistical analysis of data for purposes of monitoring and measurement of the processes’ performance and staff in the organization.
Key Responsibilities / Duties / Tasks
Managerial / Supervisory Responsibilities
- Participates in development of the Sectional Work plan and budget;
- Participates in implementation of performance management system in the Research and Development Section.
- Assists in preparation of monthly, quarterly and annual sectional reports.
- Participates in departmental meetings.
- Participates in committee meetings as appropriate.
Operational Responsibilities / Tasks
- Collects, Analyses and Interprets data on the performance of KEBS processes and converts it into information for decision making.
- Designs, develops, validates and optimizes research studies for purposes of determining effectiveness and efficiency of KEBS processes.
- Compiles reports, charts, and tables based on established statistical methods and communicates the information to users.
- Performs meta-analyses by pooling data from several studies for use in KEBS decision making.
- Provides research and administrative support to the different departments in KEBS by data analysis, proposal writing, project evaluation and reporting.
- Participates in research on the impact of standardization on the performance of Kenyan industries.
- Analyses Balanced Scorecard data relating to individual and departmental performance.
- Analyses data for the KEBS Quality Management System and other management systems and interprets it for decision making.
- Maintains the integrity of KEBS data and information.
- Participates in the standards development technical committees and other technical meetings as a resource person on measurements.
- Participates in development of sectional budgets.
- Makes recommendations for approval of expenses for technical work.
Responsibility for Physical Assets
- Responsible for physical assets assigned by the institution.
- Makes operational decisions.
- Works predominantly within the office.
Job Competencies (Knowledge, Experience and Attributes / Skills).
- Bachelor’s degree either Bachelor’s degree in Economics, Mathematics, Statistics ,Management,
- Monitoring & Evaluation from a recognized institution.
- Professional Qualifications / Membership to professional bodies
- Registered with relevant professional body.
- Previous relevant work experience not required.
Submit your CV and Application on Company Website : Click Here
Closing Date : 22 September. 2021