Alumni Assistant Job, Communication Job Vacancies in Kenya,
Department: Alumni Relations
Reporting to: Alumni Relations Manager
Basic job summary:
- To develop content and design communication material for print and digital marketing. The person will also be responsible for providing primary administrative support to the Alumni Relations Office.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Design marketing and communication materials to be used in promoting alumni activities for print website and social media.
- Manage the alumni office’s social media channels. This includes promoting content on the various channels, responding to queries raised and monitoring reengagement.
- Provide support in the production, publication, and distribution of regular Alumni communications such as newsletters, magazines and other media. Update the website regularly with stories on alumni events and those of interest to alumni.
- Provide assistance to the Alumni Office in the maintenance and safeguarding of the Alumni Office database, which includes maintaining accurate, current, and reliable information on alumni and updating information on a regular basis.
- Organize events and activities within and outside of the campus that increases the interaction and participation of Alumni
- Handle general enquiries in the office by phone, email, and in person, act as the lead point of contact, and maintain regular contact with alumni;
- Coordinate the promotional activities of the Alumni Relations Office in the University.
Minimum Academic Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree with specialization in communications, marketing and/or design from a recognized institution
- Experience in digital marketing, social media and design of promotional material is desired
- Working experience in an environment of higher learning is an added advantage
- Competencies and Attributes
- Outstanding Written and Oral Communication Skills
- Strong Interpersonal Skills
- Social media and digital marketing skills
- Strong creative skills
- Ability to work in a team and on own initiative
- Ability to develop productive working relationships with stakeholders
How To Apply
Are you qualified for this position and interested in working with us? We would like to hear from you. Kindly send us a copy of your updated resume and letter of application (ONLY) quoting “Alumni Assistant Position” on the subject line to firstname.lastname@example.org by 26th May 2021.
Due to the large number of applications we may receive, kindly note that only the shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Please be advised that Strathmore University is an equal opportunity employer and does NOT ask for money from applicants under any circumstances during its recruitment process. Interested applicants are encouraged to exercise caution upon receiving any such interview opportunity that requires payment of any money