Position: Student Admissions Officer
Great Lakes University
of Kisumu (GLUK) is a Chartered Private University in Kenya with the main
campus based in Kisumu City and a learning center in Nairobi City. GLUK is
established as a Centre of excellence bridging academics with community and
institutional based development. GLUK is committed to maintaining high
standards of education and training of professionals who are responsible
stewards of resources and services in the society.
The position will be on
contractual basis of 3-5 years renewable and will offer competitive salaries.
therefore invited from qualified candidates all across the country.
- The validation of information contained in applications and analyze the applications of prospective students based on standard admission policies and entry requirements.
- Enter assessment information including: all past qualifications, professional experience and any other information required by faculty from each applicant pertaining to the relevant program for
- Provide clear advice to applicants on whether conditions have been imposed on their offer and appropriate information on how to meet those conditions.
- In accordance with the University Admission Policy and guidelines, admit students on acceptance of their offer and confirm conditions have been met.
- Develop innovative communication strategies, recruitment strategies and enrolment plans in coordination with senior management to attract and enroll more students.
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field.
- Master’s degree will be added advantage.
- 3- 5 years of experience in a similar position.
- Experience in some area of student affairs or prior Admissions experience
- Demonstrated ability to make independent judgments and work under pressure.
- Must be accurate and pay close attention to detail.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Good interpersonal skills
- Ability and willingness to travel extensively and work irregular and flexible hours.
- Familiarity with on-line computer systems
How to apply
Applicants to send Cover
letter, CV and testimonials indicating the position applied for to:
The Chairman of
Great Lakes University
P.O Box 2224-40100
OR Send via mail to email@example.com Email subject line
to MUST read the position applied for. OR Hand
drop to Great Lakes University of Kisumu, Kibos Campus. Applications to
reach us by Monday, 17th May 2021. Applications will be reviewed on a