Vacant Position: Study Administrative Assistant
Location: Kenyatta National Hospital
Reporting to: Lead Project Administrator
Position description: This position will entail facilitating administrative duties for implementation of 1 project under the supervision of the Lead project administrator.
Roles and responsibilities
- Assisting the Lead project administrator in processing of staff payroll and their benefits. Following up to ensure statutory deductions are submitted on timely basis to the relevant bodies and updated as required
- Preparation of monthly invoices and financial reports of the project expenditures to the donors and Kenyatta National Hospital grants office.
- Facilitating tracking and reconciliation of the project expenditures and submission to the finance department for reimbursement.
- Ensure that project petty cash is available at all times and its management is according to the set guidelines by the Kenyatta National Hospital Finance Department and University of Washinton.
- Assisting in staff performance evaluation, promotion and termination activities as required.
- Facilitating the processing and keeping track of all the staff contracts and the project subcontract. Maintain personnel files i.e. CVs, appointment letters, contracts, leave records etc.
- Liaise with the KNH Supply Chain and Procurement office/University of Washington Kenya country office for procurement of office, lab and clinic supplies for the project as required.
- Participate in bi-weekly Project meetings to update the team on administration matters as well as listen to any matters arising from the field
- Prepare for submission and maintain records of correspondence with institutional review boards, ethical review committees, donors and collaborators.
- Perform day-to-day management of the project team and address any team issues promptly.
- Maintaining an updated asset register for the project.
- Other duties as they may be assigned by the Lead Administrator/ Principal Investigator.
- Degree/Diploma in project management, business management, business administration, finance or public relations.
- Proficient in MS Office – Word, Excel, PowerPoint as well as, tracking, document management, and retention tools.
Desired Skills and Experience
- At least 1 year experience working in the field of project management or a support role in a complex administrative role.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills required. Ability to build relationships and rapport with teams, staff, and vendors and navigate challenging or unexpected circumstances with creativity, calm, and positivity.
- Strong analytic, organizational, written, and verbal communication skills
- Ability to communicate effectively with persons on all levels both inside and outside the project on issues that could be complex or sensitive in nature.
Applications must include the followings:
- Complete CV with 2 referees indicating their day telephone contacts and e-mail contacts
- Download and complete our online application form
- Relevant certificates and testimonials
Send your application addressed to the PRINCIPAL INVESTIGATOR, FP-Plus study and CV to the email email@example.com by 15th June, 2021.
Kindly note only short-listed candidates will be contacted.