Software Engineer Job, Current IT Jobs Kenya,
Position: Software Engineer
Reporting to: Head of IT
Founded in 2012, SunCulture’s Vision is to build a world where people take control of their environment in rewarding sustainable ways. SunCulture does this by developing and commercializing life-changing technology that solves the biggest daily challenges for the world’s 570 million smallholder farming households. Over the last 5 years, the company has grown significantly and now employs 100+ people around the world.
About the role
Reporting to the Head of IT, we seek an experienced and dynamic Software Engineer who will be spearheading the ever-growing systems and technologies to enable the movement and scaling of SunCulture to global space. We seek a self-starter who is able to own and run projects from end to end and ensure, automation, scalability, and usability are put into consideration.
Work with the Development Team on the ongoing integration of applications.
Work closely with business teams and other developers to conceptualize, build, test and realize applications.
Work with the Product Manager to review and create Wireframes and Technical Requirement documentation.
Breakdown Use Cases documentation into development tasks and estimates.
Explain technologies and solutions to technical and non-technical team members.
Coordinate with business and IT team for daily operations.
Troubleshooting 3rd Party APIs and coordinating with the Support team to resolve issues
Custom development based on 3rd party APIs
Continuously improve delivery through employing lessons learned
Assist with IT execution and other ad hoc duties as assigned from time to time by your reporting head
Collaborate with SaaS vendors to enable the smooth deployment and maintenance of solutions
Collaborate with cross-functional teams to improve existing or implement new systems
Leverage relationships to mitigate and resolve risks and issues
Maintain an effective working relationship with team members at all times
Being proactive and solving all IT related problems encountered by colleagues from time to time
Creating, supporting and maintaining a culture of collaboration, accountability, trust, and customer focus across functional areas
- 5+ software development background including design patterns, data structures, test-driven development.
- Understanding of mobile application development on React Native, iOS, and Android
- Experience with handling database languages such as MySQL, DCL, and Oracle
- Experience and understanding of Project and ticket management with preferred experience with working with distributed teams
- Familiarity with REST APIs integrations & development.
- Knowledge of user interfaces will be beneficial.
- Experience in Frontend technologies and frameworks(Jquery, React JS, Angular JS)
- Experience in Backend technologies and frameworks (Django, NodeJS)
- Experience with Git.
- Experience with relational databases.
- Knowledge in system or Database & Server administration will be a plus.
- Strong problem-solving skills.
- Passionate about healthy team culture and collaboration.
- Experience working in a startup is a plus.
Other Skills and Competences for the Role
- Hands-on, detail-oriented, and with strong execution skills
- Good communication Skills both Written and Spoken with the ability to interact freely with people
- Passion for innovation and use of technology to change business
- An independent thinker who is able to thrive in a fast-paced dynamic environment.
- Have the ability to handle pressure and meet deadlines
- Be organized and be an expert in time management
How to Apply
Please submit your application online through this link before June 30, 2021.
SunCulture is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations, and ordinances.