Head of Credit Job, Finance Jobs Kenya 2021,
Head of Credit (PayGrow)
Reporting to: GM Kenya
Founded in 2012, SunCulture’s vision is to build a world where people take control of their environment in rewarding unsustainable ways. SunCulture does this by developing and commercializing life-changing technology that solves the biggest daily challenges for the world’s 570 million smallholder farming households. Over the last 5 years, the company has grown significantly and now employs 100+ people around the world.
SunCulture has reached an exciting phase in its development and is poised for significant growth. Aside from direct cash sales of its products, SunCulture has pioneered the sale of its flagship ClimateSmart products through an asset financing scheme entitled PAYGrow. The Company is looking for a talented and driven individual with strong knowledge in consumer financing, particularly Pay-As-You-Grow (“PAYGrow”) lending schemes, to scale its financing operations to the next level.
About the Role
As Head of Credit, the candidate will be responsible for improving and executing of SunCulture’s asset financing strategy.
- Manage the expansion of the Company’s PAYGrow customer finance offering
- Evaluate the existing PAYGrow portfolio strategy and use key learnings to improve the structure of SunCulture’s PAYGrow offering
- Partner with the CFO to support the financing of the PAYGrow offering
- Manage and report on the progress of the PAYGrow portfolio to external and internal stakeholders
- Liaise with the Company’s legal counsel to optimize and implement improved PAYGrow contracts and adhere to local and international regulatory requirements
- Ensure compliance with national regulations and customer protection legislation in each relevant jurisdiction
PAYGrow Portfolio Management
- Refine the customer credit assessment process
- Optimize the organization’s credit systems and processes in line with the lessons learned from the existing operations with the objective of minimizing the loss rate, underqualified sales, and optimizing collections
- Define and manage the organization’s credit KPIs, improve dashboards required by the Board and Senior Management
- Partner with the Director of Software, Head of Business Intelligence, and COO to refine/improve IT systems
- Collaborate with the Product team to ensure compliance with PAYGrow policy execution
Credit Risk Management
Support the improvement of financial models/dashboards that manage the organization’s credit risk exposure
Oversee all audit and internal control operations, ensuring strict credit risk controls are in place and adhered to
Coordinate all external projects/audits relating to the PAYGrow offering and ensure recommendations are implemented
Develop and test strategies to improve PAYGrow performance through rewards/penalties and other opportunities to end-users.
Regularly review and enhance the credit policy in place in order to ensure it reflects the best practice in the market and regulates the risk exposure towards the company.
- Develop and enhance the credit reporting & monitoring framework which meets the requirements of various external & internal stakeholders. Ensure timely and accurate delivery of Credit Risk reports. Interpret the information and suggest actions for consideration by Senior Management
- Undertake responsibilities pertaining to credit risk committee and include preparation of the information pack and responding to data/ analytical requests from different stakeholders for decision making.
Take full accountability for the repossessions strategy formulation and execution
Build, inform and act as an ambassador for the organization’s culture
Scale team’s ability to manage the credit systems and processes (ie. origination, lending, debt collection, and repossession) with support from the Kenya GM
Manage the performance of the credit team in line with agreed KPIs
Identify and develop the training required to contribute to the professional growth of the team
Does this sound like you?
Degree in Finance, Microfinance, Economics, Credit Management or any other related field
3 to 5 years experience in the rapid growth environment (i.e. building new integrated systems in collaboration with other teams)
Consumer finance and credit risk experience (particularly in the PAYGrow segment) and assessing complex data sets to optimize credit performance
End-user asset financing experience in developing countries; experience financing farmers or solar power for low-income consumers will be an advantage
Ability to represent the credit function at the C-Suite and Board level, with the ability to communicate complex messages to a wide variety of audiences
Experience with building and managing operational credit teams
Proficient in financial modeling and comfort with in-depth data analysis
Strong analytical skills and strategic thinker with strong negotiation and interpersonal skills
Willing and able to both make and execute hard decisions – own the process, the strategy, and the final outcome
Able to manage a variety of large tasks with competing timelines and priorities
Enjoy being in the field, but also able to work strategically with the other senior executives
Proficient in MSFT office suite (Excel formulas and data analysis / Powerpoint presentations)
Ability to simplify complex data and concepts into understandable content and able to strategize around how best to implement
Able to work under pressure, comfortable with ambiguity in a fast-evolving organization, able to plan, be organized, and meet deadlines
Proactive, collaborative, organized, curious, problem solver with a “can-do” attitude
How to Apply
Please apply online via this job portal by 15th October 2021. We respond to all candidates however only shortlisted candidates will be interviewed.