The Insurance Regulatory Authority is a State Corporation established under the Insurance Act, Cap 487 of the Laws of Kenya with the mandate to regulate, supervise and promote development of the insurance industry in Kenya.
The Authority is seeking applications for the following vacant positions:
JOB TITLE: Supervision Officer III
GRADE / LEVEL: IRA 8
IMMEDIATE SUPERVISOR: Head, Supervision
1.0 PURPOSE OF THE JOB (JOB SUMMARY)
Carrying out on-site and off-site supervision of regulated entities
2.0 PRINCIPAL RESPONSIBILITIES
- Carry out risk profiling of insurance companies
- Continuously monitor, evaluate and report on the risk status of each of the assigned companies
- Carry out offsite and on site surveillance of the assigned companies
- Analyze any requests for approval under the Insurance Act.
- Analyze and recommend for approval reinsurance programme
- Analyze applications and recommend for registration and licensing of insurance companies in accordance with the requirements of the Insurance Act.
- Analyse applications for registration and renewals for intermediaries and other service providers in line with prescribed requirements.
- Recommend requests for approval of the appointment of principal officer for brokers and MIP’s.
- Analysis of annual accounts for brokers and MIP’s.
- Process lien applications as provided under the Insurance Act.
Policy development and Implementation
- Participate in the formulation and development of policies and procedures
- Participate in the coordination of training for members of the industry.
- Coordinate development and growth of insurance agency force at the counties
- Assist in the preparation of policy papers, briefs and board papers.
- Monitor the implementation of performance contract issues and the strategic plan in the Technical Department.
3.0 REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS
3.1 Education and knowledge
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Insurance, Finance, Economics, or equivalent.
- Proficiency in ICT
- This is an entry level job with no experience required
- Good communication and reporting skills;
- Good supervision skills;
- Strong organization and inter personal skills; and
- Good analytical, investigative, auditing and inspection skills
- Ethical and integrity;
- Strategic thinking and team player; and
- Ability to work under pressure, prioritize and multi task
Important: Shortlisted candidates shall be required to present the following statutory documents during the interviews: Certificate of good conduct from the Director of Criminal Investigations, Clearance Certificate from the Higher Education Loans Board, Tax Compliance Certificate from the Kenya Revenue Authority, Clearance from the Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission, and report from an approved Credit Reference Bureau.
Terms of Offer:
- An attractive remuneration package commensurate with the responsibilities of the position will be negotiated with the right candidate.
How to Apply
If you believe you are the right candidate for the above position and can clearly demonstrate your ability to meet the job requirements given, please submit your application (clearly indicating on the envelope the reference number and position you are applying for) with a detailed CV, stating your position, current remuneration, qualifications, experience, names and addresses of three referees, email and telephone contacts together with copies of your certificates and national identification card by close of business on 24th May 2021 to:
Commissioner of Insurance & Chief Executive Officer
Insurance Regulatory Authority
P.O Box 43505-00100
IRA is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Persons With Disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Note: only shortlisted candidates will be contacted and canvassing will result in automatic disqualification.