The Kenya Revenue Authority (KRA) was established by an Act of Parliament, Chapter 469 of the laws of Kenya , which became effective on 1st July 1995 . The Authority is charged with the responsibility of collecting revenue on behalf of the Government of Kenya. A Board of Directors, consisting of both public and private sector experts, makes policy decisions to be implemented by KRA Management. The Chairman of the Board is appointed by the President of the Republic of Kenya . The Chief Executive of the Authority is the Commissioner General who is appointed by the Minister for Finance. PURPOSE OF KRA Assessment , Collection, Administration and Enforcement of laws relating to revenue.
Establishing the nature and composition of a wide range of trade goods and materials, including inorganic, organic industrial chemicals, foods, drugs, and various related trade materials for the purpose of supporting revenue collection, trade facilitation and enforcement activities.
Tasks and Outputs:
- Perform and supervise performance of chemical analyses and physical tests requiring the application of non-routine procedures and advanced analytical instrumentation.
- Conduct background study of technical information and determine the kind and extent of analysis required to provide technical solutions.
- Modify and adapt testing techniques and methods to suit inspection and testing needs and ensure the accuracy and validity of results.
- Ensure proper operation and performance of unit laboratory testing equipment, maintenance and care of apparatus, chemical reagents, reference materials and standard solutions.
- Implement quality control and quality assurance procedures to ensure validity of test results and safety of the work environment.
- Perform necessary calculations, review and interpret analytical results and prepare reports; and give testimony concerning samples analysed, test methods, analyses results and conclusions.
- Perform such other duties as may be assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Chemistry or equivalent qualifications.
Minimum years of experience
- Three (3) years’ experience in a similar role.
Competencies required for this Role:
- Good organisation and planning skills.
- Good research skills.
- Excellent computer operation and laboratory application of software skills.
- Good numeracy and data analytical skills.
- Attentive to detail/ good recording of data.
- Ability to work under minimal supervision.
- Work collaboratively with others.
- Thorough knowledge of the principles of chemistry, including qualitative and quantitative analysis; chemical laboratory procedures; and the principles and applications of advanced analytical instruments.
- Have demonstrated ability to independently evaluate and select analytical methods and procedures; interpret results and prepare reports.
Submit your CV and Application on Company Website : Click Here
Closing Date : 17th June, 2021