Kisumu National Polytechnic is located on the outskirts of Kisumu City, within Kisumu County, about 3 km east of the city centre and about 342 kilometers from Nairobi, Kenyas capital city. Kisumu City stands at the centre of the Great Lakes Region and is fast emerging as a hub for the East Africa Economic Union. It is also emerging as an academic city with a range of newly established and flourishing colleges and universities.
Under the guidance and direct supervision of the Supply Chain Manager, the Supply Chain Management (SCM) Assistant III is responsible for the effective delivery of procurement services reflecting best practices in international public procurement, compliance with PPDA procurement rules and regulations, appropriate risk management
and obtaining the best value for money.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Procurement Duties
- Process purchase orders.
- Assist in the preparation of work plans, procurement plans and budgets
- Review purchase requests and specifications from users to ensure that the right items / services are procured.
- Evaluate overall price and past performance of each supplier and report to the management for further action.
- Responsible for maintaining cordial relationship with suppliers and clients.
- Prepare and maintain purchasing records, reports and price lists.
- Assist in suppliers sourcing.
- Stores & Supplies
- Stock taking
- Stores requisitions.
- Dispatching of materials.
- Stock & Inventory control
- Ensure timely delivery of construction materials to site
- Ensure materials are monitored from stores to sites
- Ensure safety of materials while in store.
- Perform any other duties as may be assigned by the Chief Principal
Requirements for Appointment
- Diploma in purchasing and supplies/procurement/SCM;
- Served in the grade of Supply. Chain Management Assistant II or in comparable and relevant position for a minimum period of three 3 years
- Good understanding of the supply chain procedures
- Have demonstrated outstanding professional competence in procurement work;
- Be a member of CIPS
Each application shall be accompanied by detailed Curriculum Vitae, Copies of Relevant Academic and Professional Certificates, National Identity Card or Passport, Testimonials, and other relevant supporting documents.
Applicants should submit five (5) hard copies of their applications which should clearly be marked “Application for the position”.
Applications should be addressed to
The Chief Principal,
The Kisumu National Polytechnic,
P.o.box 143 – 40100
Email [email protected]
NOTE: The INSITUTION is an equal opportunity employer. Women, the marginalized and persons living with disability are encouraged to apply.
Closing Date : 4th June, 2021