Nova Pioneer Education Group is a Pan-African independent school network offering preschool through secondary education for students from ages 3 through 19. We prepare the next generation of leaders and innovators through world-class teaching methods with an emphasis on 21st century skills. We established Nova Pioneer because we believe education should prepare young people to create their future, not just work in it.
Nova Pioneer is looking for a superstar Highschool Swimming Coach for our Eldoret Campus to work on a part-time basis.
You will be responsible for coaching our students to succeed in the sport of swimming. You will oversee the swimming program and as such would be leading the vision for the swimming program for the school.
This is an exciting opportunity to be a part of an innovative network of schools that is developing generations of innovators and leaders who will shape the African Century.
Key responsibilities for the role include:
- Work with the Deans of Residential Life to create a vision for the swimming program and invest stakeholders in the vision.
- Oversee the regional athletics and swimming relationships and ensure the school is scheduled for all competition and matches.
- Create new and support existing partnering by reaching out to schools and other relevant places to seek for friendlies and other joint sporting events.
- Ensure appropriate preparation and management of all competitions and matches.
- Develop a strong school teams to represent the school in competitions.
- Develop a training program for all the training sessions in accordance with the school guidelines.
- Coach and instruct players individually or as a group regarding the rules , regulations, equipment and the techniques of the sport.
- Work with the Dean of Residential Life to procure all needed swimming equipment.
- Ensure attendance is taken at the beginning and the end of the training sessions.
- Hold coaching sessions with athletes throughout the academic day and residential evening.
- Ability to coach multiple sports ( could include sports such as: basketball, football) and help with contributing to the development of enrichment and residential experiences for students.
- Instruct and monitor students in the use and care of sports equipment and materials, in order to prevent injuries and damage.
- Observing, assessing and recording students’ performance, giving appropriate feedback and maintaining records of pupils’ progress and development for the Principal, other school leaders and parents.
- Providing or contributing to oral and written assessments, reports and references relating to individual students or groups of students.
- Monitor the academic performance of the players and always ensure high standards are met.
- Providing pastoral care and support to students, providing them with a secure environment to learn.
- Ensure simple first aid procedures are done to injured students during sporting activities.
- Provide consistent rewards and/ or consequences for student behaviour.
- Consistently meet the ambitious goals of a rapidly growing organisation
Skills and Qualifications required:
- You have 1 – 3 years of experience in a similar position working with teenagers.
- You have basic refereeing skills. At least FIBA level 1 and Coaching Certifications
- You have a Swimming Life Saver Certification.
- A relevant degree in Physical Education or Sports/ Recreational Science is desirable
- A post graduate diploma in Sports/ Recreational Science can be considered
- You possess effective coaching techniques and skills. You possess adequate knowledge of the rules, regulations, strategies, and techniques of the sport.
- You are able to communicate fluently- verbally and in writing in English. You are able to effectively present information and respond effectively to questions in one-on-one, small group situations to students and other school staff. You are able to verbally respond to common inquiries from students
- You are knowledgeable in a variety of sports and athletic programs. A proven track record of implementing successful athletic programs is highly desirable.
- You have excellent interpersonal skills and are able to build relationships with stakeholders
- You are flexible and open to change – you handle uncertainty, complexity and ambiguity well.
- You are a problem solver – you are proactive in identifying issues and address these thoroughly by making effort to find appropriate solutions.
- You are excited about our organizational culture and in particular, you are fired up to challenge yourself by embracing mutual vulnerability and a firehose of feedback.
- You have a desire to further develop your leadership skills and apply them to transform the lives of African youth
Submit your CV and Application on Company Website : Click Here
Closing Date : 30 September. 2021