Job Title: Accountant – Tea Factory
Job Location: Kiambu
Gross Salary: Ksh. 100,000 – 120,000 + Benefits
Our client is a leading tea manufacturer, with its factory based in Kiambu.
They are seeking to hire an accountant who will be responsible for financial accounting and leading external/ internal audits by providing requisite support to core operations within the entire value chain in the Company.
- Work under supervision of the senior Accountant; hence exercise overall supervision at Finance and Accounting function, providing leadership while ensuring the team is motivated.
- Work in a team set-up and with peers to ensure collective implementation of strategic initiatives as laid down to advance Company Mission and Goals in relation to Finance and Accounting matters.
- Work in close collaboration with peers to ensure that Management Team and Board are provided with timely Management Accounts, Financial reports, information and advisory to facilitate informed decisions.
- Facilitating external and internal audits and Implementing recommendations of performance reviews, internal and statutory audits in a timely manner.
- Providing budgetary implementation support, Financial and Management Accounts reports as may be required periodically to both Management Team and the Board.
- Providing objective and technical advisory to the Board and Management over critical financial decision such as working capital, dividend, financing and investment ventures.
- Ensuring the department maintains proper books of Accounts, and records while ensuring integrity of the Accounting process and computerized reporting systems with adequate periodic data back-ups.
- Maintaining positive and cordial working relationships across other functions of the Company both vertically and horizontally.
- Responsible for ensuring safety of resources in the Finance and Accounting Function.
- Must have experience working with QuickBooks Accounting Software.
Skills & Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Management, Accounting, Social Science or related field.
- Must be a Certified Public Accountant, (CPA-K) registered with ICPAK and in good standing.
- Over 5 Years’ Experience working in a Manufacturing firm. Tea factory is preferable.
- Ability to work under strict timelines with flexibility and under minimal supervision.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills and ability to communicate financial information to a wide range of users.
- Proven Leadership skills.
NB: Must be willing to relocate to Kiambu
How to Apply
If you are up to the challenge, possess the necessary qualifications and experience; please send your CV only quoting the job title on the email subject (Accountant-Tea Factory) to email@example.com on or before Friday 2nd July 2021.