Kenya Community Development Foundation is a national foundation founded in 1997, to support communities to initiate and drive their own development agenda, by harnessing and growing their resources, as well as engaging with government and other development actors to secure their fundamental rights and services.
Required Qualifications And Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Development Studies, Business Administration or a closely related field. A
- Masters Degree in Organizational Capacity Building, Strategic Management or Project Planning will be an added advantage.
- At least six years’ progressive experience in Facilitating Organizational Development, Capacity
- Building, Systems Strengthening and Sustainability.
- Excellent communication, writing, interpersonal, facilitation and presentation skills.
- Knowledge and familiarity with the Kenyan CSO sector, its growth, challenges, opportunities and legal frameworks that govern its operations.
- Excellent analytical and policy articulation skills, communication, writing, public speaking, influencing and collaboration skills.
- Strong leadership and management skills with demonstrated experience in working with and growing teams.
- Excellent proposal writing and fundraising skills with demonstrable success in fundraising and the ability to coach and mentor LIPs on the same.
- Ability to work in a team environment and be flexible, versatile and open minded in contributing to other relevant organizational goals and objectives.
- Experience working with state and non-state stakeholders collaboratively.
Skills And Abilities:
- Demonstrated strengths in relationship management; able to work with diverse groups of people in a multicultural, team-oriented environment
- Skilled in influencing and obtaining the cooperation of individuals and managing relationships to achieve results.
- Ability to support partners to ensure adherence to financial guidelines.
- Self-motivated and able to work with minimal supervision.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Proficiency in MS Office Suite including Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint.
Willingness to be based in any of the following Counties: Kisumu or Kakamega.
This job description is not an exhaustive list of the skill, effort, duties, and responsibilities associated with the position.
Applications by qualified candidates should be submitted only by email to
addressed to the Executive Director and quoting the position Technical Lead, Capacity Building & Systems Strengthening. Attach your current résumé and daytime contacts of three referees.
KCDF is an equal opportunity employer and only shortlisted candidates shall be contacted.
KCDF does not charge any fees from applicants for any recruitment. Further, KCDF has not retained any agent in connection with this recruitment.
KCDF recruitment and selection procedures reflect our commitment to protecting children and vulnerable adults from abuse and exploitation. Includes a robust safeguarding and code of conduct that all staff commit to adhere to in writing.
Closing Date : 7th May, 2021