We have the largest Job seeker visits by alexa rankings. Post a Job
Avodemia Limited is a manufacturing company based in Ruiru Town, Kiambu County, specializing in manufacture and export of Extra Virgin Avocado oil and Packaging of Fresh Avocado for export. We are seeking to recruit highly qualified and experienced applicants in the following position to enhance efficiency and productivity;
REPORTS TO: SUPPLIES & LOGISTICS MANAGER
General Description for Job Position:
The Technical officer shall be responsible for farmer mobilization and one of the designated regions and lead in identification of out-growers (farmers and farmer groups) and management of the value chain, including farm and post-harvest management and compliance.
Roles, Responsibilities and Duties:
- Provide technical support to Avodemia farm and other farmer groups to ensure increased and sustained production and supply of raw material in line with company targets.
- Ensure that newly engaged farmers are well inducted and trained on agronomic practices in avocado production.
- Ensure farmers maintain updated records on production and crop management in line with good agricultural practices;
- Act as the custodian of all company records and documents in the area of oversight;
- Conduct spot checks on contracted farms to verify that policies and procedures are implemented as required.
- Prepare weekly monitoring reports on accomplished tasks and make recommendation on actions requiring urgent attention.
- Develop harvesting program in close consultation with the packhouse manager to ensure synergy with market program;
- Lead the Internal Audits planning and management. Manage all the internal audits for the ISO 22000, BRC, HACCP, Global Gap etc.
- Train our Avocado and vegetables suppliers on expected quality standards and assess their farms and assist where needed with an improvement plan.
- Ensure relevant training of the food safety team members and other staff of food safety and quality,
- Ensure the end product meets the hygiene and quality requirements.
- Nonconformity and corrective action: Manage any recall, mock recalls and non-confirming products.
- Report to the top management on the performance of the FSMS and any need for improvement.
- Liaison with external parties on matters relating to food safety and Quality management system.
Minimum Educational Qualifications:
- Bachelors’ Degree/ Diploma in Agronomy or Horticulture related course.
Mandatory Minimum Previous Experience:
- At least 5 years’ experience in a similar role Knowledge of safe and effective use of pesticides.
- Working knowledge of agronomic and food safety standards e.g. Global GAP, ISO FSSC 22000, BRC, HACCP, Organic Farming Experience in production of horticultural products, or a quality assurance or food safety function within the fruit and vegetable industry
- Good communication and customer service skills
- Proficient computer skills, including Microsoft Office Suite (Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, and Excel)
- Knowledge of Integrated Crop and Pest Management.
Submit your CV, copies of relevant documents and Application to [email protected]
Use the title of the position as the subject of the email
Closing Date : 30 November. 2021