The Capital Markets Authority (CMA) is a statutory agency charged with the responsibility of regulating and developing efficient Capital Markets in Kenya.
Contract Period: 6 months
Reporting to the Manager Surveillance.
- Assisting in undertaking daily real-time surveillance of the securities exchange’s automated trading, the derivatives trading and CDS database and report any exceptional activities;
- Assisting in monitoring market information from various sources including newspaper articles, blog sites, rumors, complaints etc. and using the information gathered to monitor trading in the market;
- Assisting in examination stock transactions showing irregular movements based on day-to-day surveillance of market movements;
- Assisting in preparation of daily market updates at the end of trading session;
- Maintaining the statistical database in terms of market turnovers and volume traded for equities, bonds and derivatives markets;
- Update the volatility worksheet for both the NSE and NASI indices;
- Track and update the corporate actions database;
- Collate and compile summaries as and when requested by immediate supervisor;
- Update and maintain the surveillance KYC database; and
- Undertake other assignments as assigned from time to time
Minimum Qualifications and Experience
- A bachelor’s degree in Business, Law, Economics, Finance, Arts, IT /Management Information Systems or equivalent.
- Basic computer skills/statistics/accounting/ or equivalent
- Have a valid Certificate of good conduct.
Key skills & Competencies
- Good communication skills and teamwork.
- Analytical and Research Skills
- Effective Communication and Interpersonal skills
- Organization skills
- Critical Thinking skills
Submit your CV and Application on Company Website : Click Here
Closing Date : 6 October. 2021