The Capital Markets Authority (CMA) is a statutory agency charged with the responsibility of regulating and developing efficient Capital Markets in Kenya.
Contract Period: Six Months Fixed Term Contract
Reporting to the Manager Investigations.
- Investor Complaints management including receiving, recording, and drafting both acknowledgment and communication including close out letters.
- Engaging with investors, market intermediaries, public issuers, share registrars and other stakeholders on the alleged contraventions of the capital markets legal and regulatory framework.
- Conducting investigations interviews and preparation of investigation reports on market abuse and malpractices.
- Continuous liaison with the Capital Markets Fraud Investigations unit on all matters that are criminal in nature and being a state witness in court for punishment and deterrence.
- Assisting in the preparation of monthly and quarterly investigations updates to Authority management and to the Commission on Administrative Justice (CAJ).
- Drafting of policy guidelines on investigations and reviewing the current legal and regulatory framework to enhance investor protection.
- Assisting in undertaking investigations as part of fit and proper assessments.
- Attending Capital Markets Tribunal proceedings and preparing briefs on the hearing.
- Adherence to the Authority documented ISO procedures and records management.
- Undertake other assignments as assigned from time to time.
Minimum Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Law (LL. B) or completion of the Advocate Training Program at the Kenya School of Law; OR Bachelor’s degree in Criminology or Accounting and or Bachelor of Arts.
- Computer proficiency in Ms office applications and basic computer analytical skills.
- At least one-year relevant experience in an investigation’s environment will be an added advantage.
- Have a valid Certificate of good conduct.
Key skills and Competencies
- Analytical and Research Skills
- Effective Communication and Interpersonal skills
- Organization skills
- Good interviewing skills and professional report writing
- Critical Thinking skills
- Team player, collaboration, professionalism
- Integrity and confidentiality
Submit your CV and Application on Company Website : Click Here
Closing Date : 6 October. 2021