Wananchi Group (K) Ltd
Job Title: Territory Manager DTH – Northern Kenya
Department: DTH Commercial
Employment Status / Type: Full Time
Position Reporting to: Managing Director DTH
Job Purpose / Summary: As a Territory Manager, you will be responsible for the development and performance of all sales activities in assigned territory.
You will work with directs channel partners and their teams and provide leadership towards the achievement of maximum profitability and growth in line with company vision and values.
You will also establish plans and strategies to expand customer base within the markets covered and contribute to the development of training and educational programs for end users and Channel Partners.
- Develops a business plan and sales strategy for the market that ensures attainment of company sales goals and profitability.
- Responsible for the performance and development of the Channel Partners, which includes Dealers, Agents, Resellers and Installers.
- Prepares action plans by individual channel partners as well as by overall channel for effective search of sales leads and prospects.
- Develop and initiate trade marketing activities with channel partners aimed at creating awareness including but not limited to in & out store activation, market activations, road shows, trade fairs and exhibitions
- Responsible for all below the line presentations within their assigned territory, including, posters, banners, product display, shop branding and any other assigned BTL material with a view of ensuring that brand is visible and positively resonates with the public.
- Initiates and coordinates development of action plans to penetrate new markets.
- Assists in the development and implementation of marketing plans as needed.
- Provides timely and accurate feedback to management regarding performance.
- Provides timely, accurate, and competitive pricing on all completed prospect applications submitted for pricing and approval, while striving to maintain maximum profit margin.
- Creates and conducts proposal presentations and RFP responses.
- Controls expenses to meet budget guidelines.
- Adheres to all company policies, procedures and business ethics codes and ensures that they are communicated and implemented within the team.
- Identifies, recruits, grows and retains channel partners based on criteria agreed upon by management.
- Channel visitation and accountability through daily activity updating as instructed by management.
- Update and reporting of channel activity within timelines as instructed by management.
- Perform all other duties that may be assigned by management from time to time, relative to the role.
Key Performance Indicators:
- Ensures that all channel partners meet or exceed all activity standards for sales and market awareness.
- Conducts regular coaching and counseling with channel partners to build motivation and selling skills.
- Maintains contact with all clients in the market area to ensure high levels of client satisfaction.
- Share and receive best practices with team members.
- Demonstrates ability to interact and cooperate with all company employees.
- Retention of customer base in conjunction with Customer Experience
Required Education, Skills & Experience:
- A Bachelor’s degree in Sales & Marketing, Business Administration or related discipline from a recognized university
- At least 6 (six) years sales managerial experience in Telecommunications, ICT, FMCG, or other service industry organizations
- Demonstrated prior experience in developing sales plans, sales strategies, and developing route to markets and growth plans is required.
- A record of achievement in meeting sales goals, achieving targets against set performance goals and budgets
- Proven leadership and organizational skills and the ability to adjust quickly to changes in market conditions and the competitive environment.
How to Apply
Interested candidates to send updated CV to email@example.com with the job title ”Territory Manager – Northern Kenya” as the subject line not later than 25th May 2021.
Wananchi Group is an equal opportunity employer and offers competitive remuneration and benefits to the right candidate.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.