If you are battling mold at home, it’s time you call in the professionals!
You may have a house that’s infested by mold, and you see them everywhere in your baths, walls, basements, doors, and many other areas. The best way to go is to call the professionals who will be able to remove them in no time and prevent them from coming back.
Some individuals may try to tackle the removal through the DIY route. However, this is not advisable, especially if you’re not fully prepared for the task on hand. Black molds and mildew can cause serious health risks if you don’t wear the proper protective gear and mask when removing them. A San Diego mold removal company may save you a lot of time, money, and effort by ensuring that the fungi are removed on time, especially after a flood. Here are other reasons why you should utilize the help of professionals.
Why Call the Experts in Mold Remediation?
1. Receive a More Proper Mold Assessment
One of the causes of an unknown sickness in the family is the combination of high levels of humidity, dirty air conditioners, and mildew inside the house. When the entire HVAC rapidly cools a room while there’s the presence of humidity, know that the condensed air will be inside the vents, and in the case of your house, you need to discover the source of problematic areas.
Check the air ducts and vents to see if they have molds in them and contact the remediation company to remove them and prevent them from coming back. You may begin wondering about the number of times you’ve spent handling everything yourself and find that you’ve already spent a ton of money and time, but nothing is happening.
When you find yourself stuck, you need to hire a professional and enlist their help in discovering other sources of fungi inside your house. Address the problem with a proper house assessment and do something about it before it gets worse. More about the assessments done by the CDC about mold on this site here.
2. Proper Treatment will be Applied
You may find yourself with experts in San Diego whom you trust, which is a good thing. The best ones will apply proper treatment, and they will respond once you call, and if it’s your first time hiring them, you’ll see their level of experience early on and their expertise more apparent.
The first step is the complete assessment of the moisture problem. The pros will check for leaks inside your home, and they will advise you to replace or repair the pipes. They will then clean the appliances and all the affected areas, so you’ll have to breathe fresh air in the process. The process will include sealing off all the affected areas, especially after a flood, controlling humidity levels, physical removal of the mold, treatment using detergents, and cleaning everything afterward.
3. Remediation for Future Issues
The proper procedures include the decrease in chances of mold spreading further in your home down the road. The prevention of future problems means that you won’t have to call the experts anytime soon and you won’t spend a lot buying expensive treatments and detergents. On top of this, you won’t need to call any repairmen to work on your floors and walls.
The seasoned pros will identify the issues accurately and put a stop to them once and for all. You can receive proper education and support about what to do when you mold and mildew in your home, furniture, and books. This way, you can stop the growth yourself before things start getting out of hand. Read more about mold’s growth here.
Why Should You Get Rid of Mold in the Soonest Time Possible?
The Fungi Can Wreak Havoc
If there’s adequate moisture and a space for them to reproduce, mold and mildew can spread and produce too quickly. They will do this easily without you noticing, and when you’re starting to see some telltale signs, the problem has become extensive and worse that you may not be able to tackle these yourself.
These living microorganisms will wreak havoc on your walls, floors, ceilings, and furniture. The airborne particles or spores may be invisible, but they are carried everywhere, and they can affect your personal possessions in a big way. Before you notice this, the entire house is damaged and contaminated, and you develop severe health problems that you didn’t know you have.
The remediation will be a more challenging and tedious process when letting the fungi flourish inside your home. It will also be more expensive if several stories of your home need remediation. In addition to this, you need to avoid costly repairs and restore everything in its original condition before the mold catches up to them, so this is something that’s considered an extra expense.
The symptoms may vary for every house occupant, but some experience rashes, bleeding noses, itchy eyes, laborious breathing, and serious coughing bouts. Others begin to develop headaches and fatigue that are often attributed to the growth of the molds inside your house.
While not every resident is sensitive to these contaminants in the air, it’s still best if you’re careful and take the extra step to remove them as soon as you see them. These pollutants can cause allergic reactions and other symptoms to people who have asthma and other pulmonary diseases.
It’s worth noting that you should not underestimate the health risks and unexpected issues brought about by mold growth. The existing medical problems you may have may be aggravated further, so it’s best to take these things seriously while they are still at their early stages.
DIY or Not?
Use only a fungicide treatment approved by the EPA to kill the fungi and eliminate sources of moisture in the home. DIY removal can be effective at times, especially if you recognize the first signs of mold growth and prevent reproduction. However, DIY can only work to a certain extent, and this solution may be temporary. If you want a more permanent fix, it’s best to hire an expert to do the job for you.