Vacant Position: Trade Finance Risk Manager
Position Budget: 130,000 – 150,000
JOB SUMMARY: Our client a microfinance Bank is seeking to fill the position of a Trade Finance Risk Manager.
OVERALL JOB PURPOSE
- To effectively and efficiently manage credit underwriting of Trade Finance Instruments (Letters of Credit, Bank Guarantees and Bill Avalization) by always ensuring consistent generation of high-quality credits. Strict adherence to financial and non-financial credit appraisal parameters must be observed with proper sign-off at every stage.
- The job holder shall ensure consistently high customer service and adherence to the Bank’s credit policy and applicable regulatory guidelines.
- Credit underwriting shall be done within shortened TAT and agreed departmental and inter-departmental SLA’s.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES
- Credit underwriting of Trade Finance instruments (Letters of Credit, Bank Guarantees and Bill Avalization) by ensuring facilities conforms to employer/ beneficiary requirements while adhering to Bank policy and regulatory requirements.
- Enhance the Bank’s revenue streams by ensuring that the pricing of all Trade instruments conforms to the Bank approved tariff. Price undercut is highly discouraged and where present, it must be clearly highlighted as an exception with compelling rationale.
- To verify authenticity and validity of facility documentation submitted by Business Development to eliminate risk of financial loss to the Bank.
- Support Business Development with structuring of facilities/ instruments within acceptable Risk Acceptance Criteria.
2. Customer Perspective:
- Ensure quality service to internal and external customers through adherence to agreed SLAs for processing instruments.
- Ensure timely complaint resolution to internal and external customers within approved SLA’s, conflict resolution and measures to improve internal customer satisfaction. Problem escalation matrix shall apply unfailingly.
- Ensure complete and accurate straight through processing of all trade finance instruments
3. Operational Excellence:
- Co-ordinate with Business Development/ Branches and other interfacing departments to ensure smooth and timely execution of client Trade Finance applications.
- Query raising, analysis and resolution.
- Design, implement, execute and monitor MIS & KPI monthly reports for Trade Finance risk analysis and Business Development performance and highlight team productivity, error rates, approval, decline, deviation rates, trends and adherence to SLA.
- Utilize MIS/KPI analysis to increase operational efficiency of the unit as well as to improve decision making effectiveness by management.
- Ensure adherence to the Banks credit policy, trade finance policy and regulatory guidelines while incorporating CAMPARI, best practice and professional risk assessment when approving / recommending credit proposals to the approving authority.
- Ensure strict adherence to the Credit and Trade Finance policy manuals to ensure timely delivery and acceptable risk rating is achieved by the department in all internal and external audits.
- Ensure complete and accurate straight through processing of all trade finance instruments and related transactions within the set SLA’s. Implement intra-functional and cross-functional processes that minimize risk while enhancing shorter TAT for processing and approval decisions.
- Ensuring complete and accurate processing of all trade contracts and related transactions in the core banking system within the set SLAs and advice of the same to customers by the trade team.
- Initiate capacity analysis planning for maximum productivity & minimum cost in order to achieve total operational cost of Trade Finance Analysis unit is within the permissible budget.
- To assign the team for training programs to enhance their knowledge and capability in order to develop the team’s knowledge, skills and expertise associated with analysis and decision making of complex Trade Finance cases received.
- To assist Head of Credit in developing Credit and Trade Finance policy manuals to establish the framework of Trade Finance Analysis
KNOWLEDGE; SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Minimum 8 years’ working experience in an active financial environment five of which must be in Credit Analysis
- Bachelor’s degree in a business course from an accredited university.
- Master’s degree is an added advantage.
- Trade Finance accreditation from a recognized professional institution.
- Working knowledge of Trade Finance Operations and Trade Finance URDG Rules
- Proficiency in computer packages e.g., MS Word and MS Excel
- Ability to support direct reporting staff in providing workable solutions for day-to-day problems
- Ability to ensure that credit services are provided within the acceptable TAT, accuracy and consistency.
- Ability to identify and resolving product credit issues with concerned quarters
- Ability to provide solutions by structuring deals to fit the product and credit criteria
- Ability to enhance and improve processes, increase productivity, cost reduction and improve lenders skills
- Ability to facilitate and contribute towards decision making in respect of matters policy and regulatory framework
- Ability to contribute professionally by giving opinion/recommendation for decision making
- Ensure minimal errors
- Ensuring departmental compliance to both local and external regulatory requirements
HOW TO APPLY
To apply send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org by 10th October 2021.
Indicating Trade Finance Risk Manager as the email subject.
NB: Flexi Personnel does not charge candidates for job placement.