Position Title: Training of Trainers (ICT staff) in Digital learning and ICT Integration Consultancy
Location: Dadaab, Garissa County, Kenya
Background: Windle International – Kenya (WIK) is a humanitarian organization providing education to refugees and communities in conflict areas.
WIK was founded in 1977 with the belief that good education was essential if Africa was to meet the challenges it faced.
In Kenya, WIK is working with communities in Dadaab, Fafi, Wajir South, Turkana West, Turkana North districts as well as Dadaab and Kakuma Refugee Camps on education projects.
About the training: WIK is working closely with the UNHCR to implement the secondary education program in Dadaab supporting Six secondary schools with an overarching objective of providing quality secondary education to 11,228 refugees through provision of trained teachers, improved learning environments and integration of technology in teaching and learning.
In line with this objective, WIK is committed to ensure that implementation of secondary education is in line with the MOE goals in education by building capacity of WIK teachers and managers to effectively lead in the utilization of ICT tools in education and master the developments in curriculum delivery ushered in by technology.
This call is for a consultant in training of trainers (ICT Staff) on Digital learning and ICT Integration.
The training will ensure that the ICT staff trained can cascade modern ICT skills to the rest of the teaching staff and learners which is foundational in achieving one of the Kenya vision 2030 project goals – to acquire the status of a knowledge economy by 2030.
The trainer will facilitate training sessions for ICT staff based in Dadaab WIK Secondary schools in Integration of Information Communications Technology in learning.
The facilitator will equip the ICT staff with training and facilitation skills that will enable them to support the rest of the teaching staff and learners in ICT Integration in curriculum delivery as well as monitor and assess implementation of the same.
The identified consultants will be expected to;
- Develop training content and manuals to increase knowledge and skills of the targeted ICT staff on:
- How to develop e-content/digital content and provide support for teachers in the use of ICT in education
- Pedagogies for remote learning
- Assistive technologies in remote learning
- Monitoring remote learning
- Assessment in remote learning
- Policy framework supporting remote learning
- Deliver the teachers’ training based on the developed content
- Develop and post-training monitoring/follow up plan to track and support the teachers implement the training content
Qualifications and Experience:
- A Bachelor Degree in Education/ Bachelor of Science in Computer Science or any other related field with experience in conducting ICT in education trainings
- Excellent capacity building skills, with demonstrated experience in content development, training, coaching and facilitation
- Excellent report writing skills
- Certification as a Microsoft Certified Educator will be an added advantage
- Demonstrated familiarity with ToT approaches and best practices
WIK Commitment: Windle International Kenya’s selection processes reflect our commitment to equal opportunity regardless of one’s gender, disability, religion or ethnic affiliation. We work in schools and are committed to safeguard children from abuse.
How to Apply:
Interested individuals should send the following:
- A short proposal (2 pages maximum) highlighting their experience, availability and plan to discharge the assignment (Technical Proposal);
- A quotation indicating proposed daily professional rate for this assignment (Financial Proposal)
The application and supporting documentation should be filled through the online form through the link provided by 4:30pm EAT, Tuesday 12th October, 2021.
Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.