Job Title: Truck Mechanics
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Diagnose and repair electrical faults on all prime movers.
- Perform routine maintenance on trucks, such as checking batteries and changing oil to ensure proper functioning of the vehicle.
- Inspect various parts of trucks, including brake systems, wheel bearings and steering mechanisms for proper operation and efficiency.
- Use different tools and equipment, such as pressure gauges, pneumatic wrenches, welding equipment, screwdrivers, hoists and jacks, to repair trucks while constantly utilizing safety precautions
- Diagnose malfunctions in defective equipment by inspecting and testing using devices such as motor analyzers, handheld computers and chassis charts to determine how to address problems
- Test drive vehicles to ensure they are running properly and to find solution
- Replace parts, valves, bearings and gears as needed and repair vehicle cooling and heating systems
- Ensure parts conform to factory specifications by inspecting and verifying clearances and dimensions
Skills & Qualifications
- Previous experience as a long distance truck mechanic
- Available to carry out emergency support responses to drivers over long distances and sometimes at odd hours.
- Experience working with diagnostic computers
- Technical certification or its equivalent
How to Apply
Send your updated CV to firstname.lastname@example.org by 15th November 2021.
Clearly quote the job title.