Job Vacancy: Head of Finance
About TrustGro: TrustGro is a non-deposit taking microfinance company incorporated in Kenya. The company was founded in 1993, and provides government payroll loans, private company payroll loans, vehicle logbook loans, asset finance loans and salary advance loans.
The Company has 7 branches, 19 satellites and a staff compliment of 65.
The company is currently undergoing a rapid transformation to better leverage digital technologies in credit origination, credit analysis, credit portfolio management and on enhancing operational effectiveness across various functions.
Job Title: Head of Finance
Reports To: Chief Executive Officer (CEO)
Location: Head Office
Direct Reportees: Finance Manager, Reporting Accountant, Accountant, Assistant Accountant
Indirect Reportee: None
Financial Planning and Management
- Together with other senior management team, play a key role in the formulation of the business’s strategy and supporting tactical initiatives.
- Monitoring and directing the implementation of strategic business plans and monitor all financial performance Key Performance Indicators.
- Developing and implementing financial and tax optimization strategies.
- Managing the capital requests and budgeting processes.
- Developing and implementing profitable, diversified and sustainable investment strategies.
- Managing the financial reporting for the organization. This includes real time and periodic (monthly, quarterly, annual) financial reporting, budgeting and forecasting, 5-year financial plans and all statutory financial reporting.
- Providing sound financial support and strategic insights to enable the TrustGro to make critical business decisions.
- Developing financial strategies by forecasting capital, facilities, and human capital. requirements; identifying monetary resources and developing action plans.
- Managing and overseeing the cash flow of the company and ensuring it has the appropriate treasury controls.
- Managing hedging and foreign currencies.
- Managing and overseeing the company’s banking and borrowing arrangements.
- Managing relationships with Investors and other stakeholders.
- Managing and overseeing the company’s financial systems and controls.
- Overseeing Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable, Tax, Treasury, Payroll, Financial and Management Accounting functions.
- Advising on market changes and providing strategic financial recommendations to TrustGro executive leadership.
- Designing and overseeing the implementation of Enterprise Risk Management strategies.
- Overseeing commercial decision making from tender analysis, margin analysis, pricing analysis etc.
- Advising and implementing best practice methods to increase revenue and reduce costs.
- Monitoring all open legal issues involving the company, and legal issues affecting the industry.
- Designing and monitoring effective organization wide business control systems.
- Ensure that the company complies with all legal and regulatory requirements.
- Report risk issues to the audit committee of the board of directors.
- Maintain relations with external auditors and investigate their findings and recommendations.
- Raising short term and long-term debt and ensuring that the business has adequate liquidity at all times.
- Ensuring compliance with funding covenants.
- Representing the company to various strategic stakeholders including but not limited to bankers and investors.
- Establish finance operational strategies by evaluating trends; establishing critical measurements; determining production, productivity, quality, and customer-service strategies; designing systems; accumulating resources; resolving problems and implementing strategic change.
- Participate in key decisions as a member of the executive management team.
- Maintain a strategic business partnership relationship with all members of the management team.
- Manage the accounting, human resources, investor relations, legal, tax, and treasury departments.
- Oversee the financial operations of subsidiary companies and foreign operations.
- Manage any third parties to which functions have been outsourced.
- Oversee the company’s transaction processing and accounting systems.
- Implement operational best practices.
- Supervise acquisition due diligence and negotiate acquisitions.
- Recruit, train, mentor, coach and develop teams.
- BSc/BA in Accounting, Finance or relevant field.
- Professional certification in ACCA or CPA (K).
- 7+ proven work experience with 5 years in a senior finance role.
- MSc/MBA will be an added advantage.
- In-depth understanding of cash flow management, bank reconciliation and bookkeeping.
- Hands-on experience with budgeting and risk management.
- Excellent knowledge of data analysis and forecasting models.
- Proficiency in accounting software.
- Solid analytical and decision-making skills.
- Leadership abilities and business consolidation experience.
- Excellent people skills, with experience collaborating in a multi-disciplinary, diverse, and dynamic team.
- Excellent leadership and influencing skills.
How to Apply
Qualified applicants are encouraged to send their application letters and CVs to firstname.lastname@example.org on or before the 31st October 2021.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.