ICT Director Job, IT Jobs,
- UGC/CPSB/DIR/ICT/01/21: DIRECTOR ICT [Q] 1 POSITION ––Re-Advert
Duties & Responsibilities
- Promote infrastructure, and secure networks within County Government
- Implement county ICT strategy, standards and guidelines
- Oversee Installation and configuration of Local Area Network and Wide Area Network;
- Develop, implement, review, evaluate and report on the organisation’s ICT strategic, business and operating plans and associated projects, ensuring alignment with the strategic directions of the organization
- Carrying out systems analysis, design and program specifications in liaison with users of the specific sectors;
- Overseeing the process of configuration repair and maintenance of information Communication Technology equipment and associated peripherals;
- Drawing up hardware specifications for information Communication Technology equipment;
- Verification, validation and certification of information technology equipment;
- Providing effective leadership to ICT staff
- Overseeing the overall coordination, monitoring and evaluation of ICT systems and operations in the county.
- Implementation of county/ national ICT policy , and e-Government master plans
- Manage ICT centers, innovation hubs and other related installations throughout the
Requirements for Appointment
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, Information Technology or a related field from a recognized university. A master’s degree is an added advantage
- Technical knowledge and skills in computer programming, information systems and information systems security.
- A minimum of Seven (7) years’ experience in relevant work and at least three (3) years in a supervisory role in the Public Service or in the Private Sector;
- Profession certification such as Certified Computer Network Professional (CCNP), CCNA, MCSE, MCSA, MCSD, Oracle Certified Database administrator OCDBA,
Microsoft Certified databases Administrator MCDBA or their equivalent qualification from a recognized institution. Certification in Project management is an added advantage.
- Member of an ICT professional
- Demonstrated merit and ability as reflected in work performance and
Satisfy the requirement of chapter six of the constitution of Kenya 2010
How To Apply
Detailed descriptions of the vacancies can be found in the website through the following link: https://jobs.uasingishu.go.ke Applicants are required to make online applications. Only duly filled application forms will be considered for shortlisting.
Applications will close on Thursday 13th May, 2021.
Uasin Gishu County Public Service Board does not solicit for payments or recruit staff through agents/agencies. Any person purporting to undertake the recruitment exercise for a fee and/or on behalf of the County Public Service Board is a fraudster.
Uasin Gishu County is an equal opportunity employer, Women, Youth, Persons with disabilities and the marginalized are encouraged to apply.
All candidates are required to carry their Original Certificates & Testimonials, National Identity Card and Clearances from: KRA, CID, CRB, HELB and EACC during the interview period.
Uasin Gishu COUNTY PUBLIC SERVICE BOARD P.O. Box 1175- 30100